01/25 J.D. 11.25 92, AMPS 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

I am so sleepy, sorrry in advance if I don't make sense.

J.D. has been dropping again. I believe I may be skipping the AMPS shot. Why does he not come up again after 6 hours? This scares the hell out of me. He dropped for at least 16 hours starting at PMPS (that I know of) on the 22nd.
    Last night I fed him 1/4 can of FF at PMPS, at +1, at +6.5, and at +9.5.

Help, suggestions, support are all welcome. But I think I'll be giving our first fur shot.

Yesterday's Thread

2. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 01/25 J.D. 11.25 92 Help Please

(( Dyana )) KB did this recently, too, and I never really knew why.

Having trouble with spreadsheets this morning but it's not usually advisable to totally skip a dose, can you give a token and leave HC out for him? You know he will bounce at some point, but I agree it's scary to not know when the rise will come.

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Oye-ve! A fur shot is going to ruin the shed, but unless he jumps up there in the next hour you will have to reduce and give a BCS dose. You have done so in the past I see and it worked out ok. I think your late drops are comming from extra overlap and full shed, so perhaps emptying it out a little isn't so bad. Get your AMPS and see if it is rising then decide on what you can give for a BCS dose to hopefully let him surf for a bit. He will deplete some of his shed so you want to find a dose that will at least manage the sugar that he will consume through eating today. Oh and Good morning to you too!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am slightly more awake now. I can picture myself giving him a fat 1.00, which would be close to 1/2 his regular dose. That's a true BCS right? Normally, I just take a little off the dose. I've noticed many times when he continues to drop for 12 hours. He's just not normal, I tell ya.
    Thanks for your suggestions and support. I'll get the AMPS test in 10 minutes. He often goes up while waiting for his breffis, so I won't be suprised if he's a little higher.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

AMPS 88 Eyes Please

I shot 1.25 units or maybe it was a slightly fat 1.25 units. But anyway, it was half his regular dose.
    He was hungry which was nice, since he normally isn't so hungry with lower numbers and he just ate 2 1/2 hours ago.
    Of course, I helped by sprinkling liberally with freeze dried chicken livers treats.
    I am home for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then off to tbp. UGG. Stress. ARGG.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

+0.5 98

He went up 10 points after eating. But, he's drinking water.

7. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 01/25 J.D. 11.25 92, AMPS 88 Eyes Please

(((((((Dyana))))))) No advice but wanted to give you some support this morning. Come on J.D., settle down now so mommabean can go to tbp without the stress of worrying about you.

8. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

hugs for you, darlin...big ol' hugs.

Best-
    Michele

9. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I think I'd need water after freeze-dried liver, too. (( Dyana )), I wish you could take him to work again.

10. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Dyana. What is the world is JD doing lately??? Those are some great numbers, tho! I think you did good on your bcs dose this morning. He will be ok!
    Have a good day and try not to worry to much!

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

+1 112, +1.5 110

I am at work.
    He was 112 at +1 and 110 at +1.5.
    I left him inhaling a fresh can of LC FF (split between 2 cats). I left out a frozen can of LC FF, and the automatic feeder to give 1/3 can of 8% Friskies at +4 and 1/3 can at +6. So, if he eats all the fresh FF right away, hopefully the frozen FF will start becoming defrosted by +3, and then by +4 he'll have the 8%.
    This is me, convincing myself everything is fine.
    :roll:

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You did great! J.D. will be fine.

13. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Sending surf vines for J.D.. I'm sure he'll be fine (((Dayana)))

14. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Dyana, I think you made a good call.

Historically, JD's liver is WELL capable of saving him, even if he is actually not in trouble. It's totally on the ball.

He got a 1/2 dose, that'll let the shed down a little, and hopefully help smooth out the cycles, as well.

Carmelita does these long cycles sometimes, too. I finally just learned to grit my teeth and give her the d@mn shot anyway, it actually seems to help. But I know she gets more constant monitoring than JD. I would worry if I had to shoot a low # and run out the door, too!

15. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Dyana, you did great this am & had lots of support..J.D. does all sorts of things, so giving a BCS dose was right on..
    He's one tough kitty, & you are a great bean. I'm sure he'll do great today- :mrgreen:

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/25 J.D. PMPS 435

I shot as soon as I got home and tested at +11.75, just because of the high number. And, I gave him some R too.
    Although, in the past the R just rassels sp? or fights wih the RBC and doesn't do much. But, I try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.