01/30/16 Ginger and Jackson Caturday

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Christmas Condo

Ginger and Jackson went to the vet for their rabies shots this morning.

They got exams. They both weigh the same: 11 pounds 6 ounces.

Ginger's big pimple on her back was lanced again, and it is again flat. I wish it would quit growing back now. Ginger had some tartar that the vet picked off and the vet said she does not need a dental. The vet said the very small node? on Ginger's thyroid feels the same size.

Jackson has gingivitis and the vet said it is still mild. He comes to me every morning when I say "toothpaste" and I spread his enzymatic toothpaste across his front teeth with my finger.

I asked about the eagle and she said they are usually more dangerous to small dogs than cats, as cats will stand up on their back feet and fight while a dog will cower down? She also said there is a nest in a high power line not too far from me.

Here are the cats from this morning:
    upload_2016-1-30_12-34-49.png
    Jackson's coat looks oily, but he just doesn't groom himself much.
    upload_2016-1-30_12-36-13.png
    I asked the vet about Ginger's coughing like she has a hairball but nothing comes out, when she purrs sometimes. She said it was probably just a little bit of hair in her throat that vibrates when she purrs. She has no swollen glands and the vet is not worried about it. She does have hairballs, as Ginger on the other hand grooms herself quite well, and the vet says she has the most luxurious coat of all the cats they see there.

I'm off to PetsMart. I got a $10.00 off coupon when you spend $30.00 so 51 cans of FF at $0.59 each is $30.09 minus the $10.00 coupon is $20.09 divided by 51 cans is $0.39 each :)

I hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Reason for edit: Add Christmas Condo
  2. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Ginger's coat is gorgeous! I can't believe they walk on leashes like that. My GA Cinnamon would go on a leash but she would lead the way and I'd follow her. She also stayed near the front door so they were short walks. :) Overall a good report!

Dyana likes this.
  3. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Nice pics! Ginger is Beautiful. Jackson is very handsome. He sure grew up fast.
    Nice vetty report.
    Thanks for sharing.:)

Dyana likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice report for both kitties. I love the pictures.

Dyana likes this.
  5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Beautiful kitties. Glad you got a nice vetty report. See you have snow.

Dyana likes this.
  6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yes, Jackson grew up fast. He is such a sweetheart and so special to me. He is still learning things, and lately he likes to stand on his back feet and put his front paws way up high on my leg and look at me with those sweet puppy dog eyes. He often follows me into the kitchen and does it and sometimes I pick him up into my arms and let him look around from that height, and he purrs. He also does it when we are outside, and I will sometimes pick him up.

He still hasn't learned the walking on a leash thing yet. All he wants to do when we are outside is chase the squirrels and climb trees. I used to take J.D. and Ginger out for long walks all around the blocks of the complex. It takes patience, and repeating the same walks over and over as they like routine, and I build up their confidence and trust in me to follow where I go. I haven't been doing that as much with Ginger since J.D. passed away. I need to start doing that some more soon. Yes, we finally got some snow :). Once we start getting more sunlight, I'll try to get Ginger out walking more.
    When we got back from the vet, I unloaded the carriers from the car, and both cats had their harnesses and leashes on. The intent was that I wouldn't have to carry the heavy creatures in carriers all the way back to my condo. I opened Ginger's carrier and she got out and walked to the sidewalk and waited for me. I then opened Jackson's carrier and he exploded out of it, knocked the hard plastic carrier over which made a bang, and he took off for home at a run dragging his leash. Ginger walked ahead of me, nice and easy, all the way home.

Both cats have been sleeping all day. I guess they normally do this when I'm at work all day, or maybe it's the shots.

granadilla likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for sharing the photos of your beautiful fur babies. Great vetty report. :)

I would worry about eagles. My DA's cat was a few feet off the ground in a bald eagles clutches when my aunt heard her screams and rescued her. She was small, but badly mangled. She survived. As long as you are near them wye hey are outside you should be OK.

Dyana likes this.
  8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    What great pics of Ginger and Jackson! When I first looked at them I didn't realize that the pictures were shot from above and that the kitties were on the ground. They looked to me like they were climbing a great rockface and that there were snowy peaks in the background!
    Good vetty reports. It's good that you are planning to resume your walking routine. Jackson may chafe at the bit, since he's a kitten, still (at least in his mind, if not body!), but it will be good for both Ginger and Jackson.

Thanks for the vines for Edward. He's doing well and in about 10 days, after his "diagnostic procedures", we hope to find out what is what.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Dyana likes this.
  9. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

They are simply gorgeous kitties, Dyana. Ginger has such a beautiful coat and regal tail. Jackson...I still see imp even he he matches Ginger's weight. (He's sleek. Not greasy. Sleek!)

Excellent vet reports. Nice.

Marilyn and Polly

Dyana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.