01/31 Blue AMPS 175 +5 193 +8.5 223 PMPS 180 +6 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like a bounce from however low he went last night.

4. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Do you mean between PMPS and +9?
    I’m trying to test a various times…

5. Wendy&Neko

Yes, before +9. Lantus nadirs are earlier. Testing Blue at +7 when you tested Eddie might have been lower. And meant more sleep.

On AM Jan 28th, he looked like he was starting a bounce. Six cycles later was last night, so a potential bounce breaking cycle.

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I tested them both @ PM +9 so not sure what you mean by "testing Blue at +7 when you tested Eddie might have been lower."

I have noticed today that I am so tired I keep falling asleep. I don't have to be on campus so there's that but I am exhausted never having a full night's sleep. Just need to say it.

7. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, was looking at the wrong day. Eddie's spreadsheet open's to 2023, but Blue's to 2022.

I do remember what it was like getting up in the middle of the night. Which is why I worked on strategies to figure out if I needed to get up. Possible bounce breaking would be one reason. I also was able to get a +3 before bed all the time sometimes +4, and used that, along with the AM +9 or +10 and PMPS to figure out if I needed to set an alarm to get up later. I was all about getting as much sleep as I could.

8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Another bit of a shock: Blue is at AM +8.5 223.

I'd like to be able to strategize following possible bounce breakers but I don't have the ability yet to recognize when that's coming.

The problem, too, is Levemir and Lantus: different nadirs at times. maybe I should try switching Blue over to Levemir? What do you think of that?

@Wendy&Neko

9. Wendy&Neko

Personally, if I had two cats on insulin, I'd have them on the same insulin. Not to say they'd onset and nadir at the same time, but it would be closer. They weren't too far apart when both were on Lantus. The only thing is you'd have to be very disciplined about drawing the dose. Easier if using different vials/cartridges.

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko One more thing (see above):
    as a matter of fact I was going to have to place an or get to refill Lantus. I can easily use two cartridges but at what dose do I start with a change over? it would make it so much easier…

11. Wendy&Neko

For safety's sake, since some cats have a strong reaction to the switch, we start at 70% of the Lantus dose. So that would be 5.25 units for Blue.

12. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Ok I will wait until I can monitor. I have to be on campus tomorrow… Thanks, Wendy. It just makes sense. I’m always so careful to draw up two different insulins. At least with a change it will just be about dose amount.