? 02/08, Sam, AMPS 196, +9 176, PMPS 257

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chuckstables, Feb 8, 2023.

1. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Hey folks,

Sam's been very high lately. Suspect he might be bouncing. Limited in my testing ability until Friday, then I can test normally again for the 12 days.

Any advice? Seriously worried he has cancer or something that's causing the high numbers. No idea. Just concerned. Super abnormal for him.

2. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

I feel like a piece of sh*t. I was doing so well, and simply because I have to actually work I get absolutely screwed.

If he is dying or something that's okay; I expected him to die back in August when he was diagnosed. Still; I want him to stay around a bit longer. I'll test a bit more tonight, will try to get a +2-3, +5, and +6.

EDIT: I know that's a bit hyperbolic. I suspect he's bouncing when I can't test him, I've left out wet food for him but still, nothing. Either that or the lower dose has completely caused him to revert months of progress.

Almost tempted to not give him a shot tomorrow and see how he is when I get home. This is my last day of work in the office; I get Friday, Saturday, Sunday off, then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday I work at home, and Saturday/Sunday I have off, then I'm back in the office.

I'm leaving LC wet in an autofeeder for him, but he still SEEMS to be bouncing. The fact that his PMPS was so much higher than it was a couple hours before would suggest that. His behavior has been perfectly normal.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Absent any other input, I think not giving a shot tomorrow morning is not a bad idea to see how he responds. I'm kind of limited until Friday when I can test more. I will try my damndest to test tonight, but I have to be up at 7am to work.

4. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Your doing the best that you can & that's what matters :bighug:my friend. I don't think you should skip his shot tomorrow, it will drain the depot that is in his system & would be like starting over.

5. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

I'm going to tag a couple of people so they can help you @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The yellows you are seeing might be from him dropping too low and then bouncing. So it's possible he dropped low in the PM of 2/5 and the yellow AMPS on 2/6 was him bouncing from that. Likewise tonight's PMPS.

With a history of ketones, you do not want to skip a shot. I would try 0.25U from tomorrow. From Friday you can test enough to see how he is doing on 0.25U and whether he needs to go back up to 0.5U.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree…don’t skip any shots.

8. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

That's fair. I'm a bit of mess right now; a lot of tooth pain and concerns over the fact that I'm 29 and considering removing some of my teeth. At least I have dental coverage, but still.

It sucks. A lot of depression lately. Thanks for the advice, already shot 0.5 units, he was just at 13.4, so 241! So he probably is dropping too low. Will give a quarter of a unit tomorrow morning ,see how he does.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are not feeling great at the moment:bighug:

chuckstables and Bandit's Mom like this.