? 02/09, Sam, AMPS 191, +2 139, +3 106, +4 113, PMPS 218, +2 164, +4.5 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by chuckstables, Feb 9, 2023.

1. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  2. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Hope your feeling better..I had the day off to my house rescheduled 2wks from today. It's hard on the 1/4 units to be exact, Panzer is at 3.75 units & sometimes I feel like I'm closer to the 4unit mark sometimes closer to 3.5units....good luck with the reduction!!!

3. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Thanks! We’ll see how he does, still likely bouncing. Should get lower numbers tomorrow

4. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

So his dose reduction is going very poorly. He's back up to 218 at PMPS. IDK what I'm doing wrong here. Either he has an actual physical problem causing him to not be okay with his blood sugar, or his insulin is expired? I don't know. Super frustrated.

5. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Maybe he dropped low in between +4 and PMPS? But he was rising (granted he had just eaten... so that's maybe not a good time to test).

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Doesn't look he dropped very low this AM. Give him another day or two on the dose.

7. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Okay. Will do; if he's still high I'll go back up to 0.5. Depressing that he probably needs 1 unit again, maybe I went down too quickly.

8. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

It is hard to see higher numbers re-appear. Now that you are home and can monitor, you can take the dose back up if it looks like a failed reduction.

9. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

Thank you. Makes me feel beter, at +2 PMPS he is at 164.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. chuckstables

chuckstables Member

At +4.5 pmps he is now at 85

Bandit's Mom likes this.