02/12 Buddy AMPS 206 +1 154 +3 165 +5 174 +7 185 +9 181 +11 233 PMPS 264

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandra And Buddy (GA), Feb 12, 2020.

1. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning everyone.

Buddy is just working his way higher. So confusing. he has his appy back and acting normal although yesterday he did sleep a bit more than usual and wasn't screaming at me every 2 hours.

I bumped his dose just a bit but thinking I should have just bumped it the full .25, see how today goes and I may do that tonight.

It't just so weird, There must be something going on, I will give it a few days and then take him in.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I hope everything is alright with Buddy. Sometimes their numbers are just so confusing:confused:

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  3. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

I have checked him over hoping to find a wound or something from the fight a few days ago, but nothing. It makes me nuts when there is "no reason" LOL I mean, I'm sure there is a reason it's just not obvious. Gah!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Well at least I know the insulin is working so take that off the list.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sometimes they just have a few wacky days. We have lots of them.

Hang in.

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That does seem a bit unusual for him - after all he seems to love his blues and greens. I guess I'd try not to get too excited about a pre-shot value being a little higher than what you're used to....it's how well he's shaking that off during the mid-cycle that's important. Let's see how he does the rest of the day. BTW, we don't change the dose based on pre-shot values - typically you want to look at nadirs to make that decision. And his nadirs aren't terrible by any means... :)

7. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

No I know this. I am bumping his dose based off his nadirs had been running in the 60s and 70s but the last few days they are running in the 120s to 150s

I am trying to be patient.

Also , when I click on the SS link in my sig, it is taking me to the 2019 SS . Not sure why. Is it just me?

ETA: Think I fixed the SS issue.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

I wonder where he goes during the bottom half of the p.m. cycle? The best dosing decisions are made when you have 100% of the picture.

Have you checked for ketones ?

Has he ever had a dental?

9. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

I will be testing his later half of the pm cycle over the next few days. I have been trying to catch him for keytones hopefully soon. hasn't been an issue in the past. It has been a while since he has had a dental. I will be taking him in sometime in the next week to have him checked over. Frustrating.
    Thank you for your insight.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

My cat had a weird week...I blame him being a cat and the full moon;)

11. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

We did just have that Full moon thing. (can't remember which one it was) I think I am leaning more towards that! LOL

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

He hasn't seen numbers this high for so long I'm sure he is not feeling good. Mostly acting normal but just a bit off.

13. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Ugh! That's high enough bud!

14. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

As high as he has been the last few days and with the Curve today Should I just take him back up to 1U to try to bring his numbers down until I can get him to the vet or at least figure out what has happened? I don't like him being this high after so long at almost normal numbers, I am sure it is making him feel poopy. Or should I just wait and see?

I do plan on getting some good tests in overnight as well.

He hasn't really seen these numbers since back in October. (except a few here and there.)

15. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

When Moey did this, I held the dose 3 days or 6 cycles before I increased.

16. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Wow Moey is doing great! Did you figure out why he did it? or just one of those things? He has never done this (like this) so I am just at a loss, he was doing so well. I hope there is not "something else" going on.

17. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Moey is trying to work this new dose. We'll see how he's looking once his depot adjusts.:nailbiting:
    I think Moey's elevated #s were due to a change in cat food and a snotty nose. I was on pins and needles waiting for that 6th cycle to arrive for his much needed increase.

I wonder if Buddy has an infection brewing from his skirmish with your civvie. Sometimes bite abscesses can remain undetected until you see missing fur and swelling/drainage.
    I hope Buddy will surprise you with some better #s. You hear that Buddy...a dosecrease is looming!:cat:

18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can figure out what is going on with Buddy and his numbers come back down soon. Sending prayers.

19. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Ugh! 233 at +11

20. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

He did not want to get up for dinner. I feel so bad for him he is not feeling well. Holding this dose for now. I will be calling vet in the morning, don't want to let this go on much longer.

Briere Fur Mom likes this.