02/18 MISSY PMPS 205, +1.5 227, +3 126, + 5.5 59, +6 63, +6.5 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Good morning :coffee:

I got a +11 in anticipation I would need to plan shooting low this morning, Missy was 130.
    To tide her over till shot time because she was really hounding me to be fed I just gave her a few little pieces of freeze dried chicken. At AMPS...only 45 min later she was 162. Seems to have gone up quite a bit in only 45 min. Maybe she is on her way up anyways because I don't think the chicken influenced her BG that much I think its 0% carb.

I am thinking maybe just LC today at her AMPS meal? I will also get a +1 seeing I will be heading out for an hour and back at +1.75. Then I can see what she will need to be fed for +1.

What's your thoughts? :)

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/02-17-missy-pmps-252-2-167-4-88-5-85.243269/

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Tammy, in future do not feed 2 hours before PS. You don't want a food influenced number at PS.

Sure. Let's do LC and see where she is at +1 :)

3. Missy & Tammy

Hey Bhooma...I know I never do but I seeing I got a test 45 min before AMPS and then again I got an AMPS test I thought it would be safe.:oops: I guess next time I will just have to let her hound me to be fed for an hour. :banghead:
    Ill post +1 and see where she's at.

4. Bandit's Mom

On this occasion no harm done :)
    She was higher at the end of the cycle and nowhere close to dangerous levels.

Don't suppose there is a way to feed her between +6 and +10 at night so she doesn't hound you around AMPS?

5. Missy & Tammy

That's a great idea... I could do that...you know me I am a night owl so I'm usually up.;) I bet it would help.

Seeing that I am seeing lower numbers in the morning now I need a different strategy. I will have the same problem today as yesterday. I leave to take my son to school at +1. So not really time to test, post, wait for response and then feed. I can't see her dropping too much by +1. So if thats the case do you think just LC would be sufficient?
    Gees, here's me asking all these questions already when I just told you yesterday I was gonna try and wing today without help :arghh:

6. Bandit's Mom

I think she does better with higher carbs at PS and +1, because she drops at onset. Feeding higher carbs after that to bring her up only has her go up immediately and just keep going up.

Today, you might just have a cycle like yesterday morning or she may decide to have 2 back-to-back cycles in green. Let's feed LC at +1 since she is higher and see how she fares at +2.
    What say?

Always around to help :bighug:

7. Missy & Tammy

Great idea... I will do that and I agree the higher carbs at PS does help her not drop so quickly. If for some reason the +1 is quite a bit lower I will likely post here for you maybe LC/MC mix might be necessary. My son will have to push through being late for school ;) lets hope she not dropped :)

8. Bandit's Mom

If she is quite a bit lower (I will be surprised if that is the case), just feed the LC-MC mix. Don't bother with posting here. Take your son to school on time! :)

Missy & Tammy likes this.
  9. Missy & Tammy

Ok thank you Bhooma...
    I will post when I get back. ;)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  10. Missy & Tammy

+1 234... maybe a bounce today. Fed LC

Be back in an hour ;)

11. Bandit's Mom

BOUNCE!!!! Couldn't she have done this last night? :rolleyes:

Test at +3 or +4.

12. Missy & Tammy

Alrighty then... last night would be have been nice but at least I can get caught up on some work today :smuggrin:
    She's sleeping right now.... I was thinking seeing she's bouncing I don't need to feed every hour. Would that be ok to not wake her to feed at least right now at +2?

13. Bandit's Mom

Yes, it should be fine :)

14. Missy & Tammy

Ok Bhooma.... thank you!! :)
    I think I can manage today... looks like a pretty uneventful day ahead of me with her :rolleyes: I probably won't talk to you then until later on when you wake up. Have a wonderful night with your girls :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Bandit's Mom

Thanks and good night! See you at PMPS for the exciting sleepless cycle! :arghh:

16. Missy & Tammy

OH NO really... (swearing emoji LOL) darn it... I guess I better try and have a nap today :rolleyes:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  17. Missy & Tammy

Maybe not too bad of a bounce after all....
    158 now at +3.75... she hasn't eaten since +1. I'm thinking I will give her a tsp of LC. :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  18. Bandit's Mom

You needn't stop feeding her after this. If she hasn't gotten her quota of food, give her some every hour for the next 3-4 hours. So she doesn't get too hungry by PMPS.
    Good night!

Missy & Tammy likes this.
  19. Missy & Tammy

Missy was pretty much at the beach all day :cool:
    Her PMPS is 205. What do you think? LC or a LC/MC mix?
    I'm going to guess LC and then check at +1 and determine then what to feed next. You can tell me if I'm right...
    btw... Good Morning Bhooma :):coffee:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Bandit's Mom

I don't think tonight's +1 will tell you very much. Unless she bounces, she will be pretty flat or have a small food bump.
    Let's do LC now and at +1 and get a +1.5? If she dips then, we can intervene. What say?

21. Missy & Tammy

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. Missy & Tammy

She's higher now at +1.5 227.... I can't figure this little stinker out anymore.:confused: Looks like this has been her trend for the last 6 days going up after her shot and then dropping after +2. I don't know how you keep up with all these kitties you take care of Bhooma. :eek:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

LOL. Feed LC and test at +3 or +4. Feed LC every hour. Hopefully you will be able to get some sleep tonight!

Might be a repeat of the PM cycle of Feb 15th! Let's see....

24. Missy & Tammy

Ok thank you I will feed LC at those times.

I have to laugh when I look back at my SS and even though I have never heard your voice I could for some reason hear you telling me over and over again... Tammy you can stop testing and go to bed!!! Except I didn't listen :oops: It really did take me a while to learn to trust and just go with the advice you were giving me. It also took me a while to figure out what the heck was going on with her. I just did't understand how BG worked in a cat. Now I can say I am becoming so much more relaxed with testing and her BG levels and I am ok to wait till +4. If I see a low number now I smile whereas before I was like OMG :nailbiting: HELP! So I've come along way.... thank you for your patience and for everything you've taught me. It's been one hell of a journey that's for sure. I've only been doing this since Dec 30th and I'll be honest with you... it's flippin' exhausting. Is this going to go on like this for years? Please say NO :arghh:

See you at +4

25. Missy & Tammy

I actually didn't realize +4 was so far away.... maybe I will get a +3... :rolleyes:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  26. Bandit's Mom

LOL.I remember! I am so glad you are more relaxed now and it shows in your SS! You have indeed come a long way! :bighug:

Hopefully it won't be like this for years. We very much want her to go OTJ. But if she's not one of the lucky ones, she should become more predictable. So it would just be a matter of a test or two in a cycle.
    She is making so much progress already!

:smuggrin:

27. Missy & Tammy

Hi Bhooma
    I am so happy to hear you think Missy is making progress. It makes all the hard work and sleepless nights worth it :p
    She's 126 at +3.... LC?

28. Bandit's Mom

Yup. Nice gentle cycle again. Feed LC every hour till you are awake! At least +3 and +4. You can call it a night after. No more tests needed. :)

29. Missy & Tammy

How do you predict her so well... I am always soooo impressed!!! and you're right 99.9% of the time too :eek:
    I hope I get there one day..... otherwise we will be talking to each other ALOT lol...

Ok so I will probably be up for a little bit still... what would like to see more +4 or +5 or you probably don't need to see anything because you already know what its going to be LOL :rolleyes:

30. Missy & Tammy

So I was just looking at her SS trying to figure out what you see to make these bang on accurate predictions... what if she pulls what she pulled on Feb 14th and goes to into the 50's and 60's at +5 and +6. How can you tell when the bounce will break?

31. Bandit's Mom

Well, I can't really predict how she will behave at onset, but once you see where she is at +1.5 or +2, you have an idea of what the cycle will be like. She usually dives at onset and then more or less goes lower gently after that. Except in bounce breaking cycles where there is more downward momentum and she is much lower mid-cycle than when she started.

I think she will be in high greens like she was last night. Don't stay up testing. But do feed her some LC at +3 and +4. :)

32. Bandit's Mom

Maybe today's AM and PM cycles are like PM of 15/2 and AM of 16/2 and she may be pink/high yellow tomorrow and then break the bounce into green again.
    Let's see.

33. Missy & Tammy

Ok I will do that... I will be up till +5 working so I can grab a test before I go to bed.
    I hope you have a nice relaxing day.... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  34. Missy & Tammy

Can't wait... :smuggrin:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  35. Missy & Tammy

Hey Bhooma...
    I dont think you're on the forum... if you are the little brat did it again... she's at 59 at +5.5 :woot:
    I fed LC.... i know we want to get her the reduction....
    I don't know how long I can hold out on my own...so I will test in 20 min or so and see if she needs some MC.
    Its 12:37pm PST. in case you see this. :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  36. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The goal should be to get to a dose where she spends most of her time in green. Not sure why you'd want her to earn a reduction just yet. She's starting to spend a lovely amount of time in healing green numbers. Hopefully she'll surf along on the LC.

37. Missy & Tammy

Hi Wendy...
    Yeah I think the reduction Bhooma thought was coming close because she's been on this dose for quite a while. I've fed LC about 5 min ago. Are you around for a little bit?? Can I leave her on the LC or should I give her some MC? This will be hers and mine first time heading below 58.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  38. Missy & Tammy

It's +6 and Missy is good... she decided to pull a fast one on us. :D
    I gave her LC at +5.5 and because no one was on the forum I just decided to give her about 1/2 teaspoon of MC. At +6 she is 63. So maybe she will surf green tonight... I'm kinda proud of myself... I am as calm as a cucumber...who'd a thought that would ever happen LOL ;)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  39. Bandit's Mom

See! I am not really good at predicting! :D

40. Missy & Tammy

Oh yes you are.... LOL ;)
    Don't forget you're making all these calls without even knowing Missy or meeting her...she's quite cheeky. :cat:
    I don't know I guess it's cat mama's intuition... I just had a feeling she was gonna try and pull something tonight. I was right 1% of the time you're right the other 99% LOL..... :smuggrin:

So now I guess we wait... I'm not even sleeping at this point. I'm still working away and she's just staring at me.o_O

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  41. Bandit's Mom

She last ate at +5.5? 1tsp LC and 1/2tsp MC?

42. Missy & Tammy

At +5.5 she had 1 tsp LC
    To keep myself calm I gave her 1/2 tsp of MC at +6 that was after I tested her and she was 63. I know its +6 and thats kind of a no no... but I thought considering the circumstances it would -probably be ok. I didn't want her to dip too low if no one was around.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  43. Bandit's Mom

Do you want to get a +6.5 so that you can sleep if she's higher?

44. Missy & Tammy

I just tested her... +6.5 she is 68.
    Should I give her more LC?

45. Missy & Tammy

Oh yeah for sure.... I'm in no rush to go to bed. I won't be able to sleep. :confused:

46. Bandit's Mom

Feed LC and go to sleep. She should be fine now. If it makes you feel better take a nap and test after 2 hours.

47. Missy & Tammy

I will feed her some LC and probably go to bed in 30-45 min.... I am almost finished a bit of work that I've been trying to complete ALL week :oops:

48. Bandit's Mom

Btw, did she dip at +5.5 despite LC at +3 and +4?

49. Missy & Tammy

yah she did... I fed her every hour. Still dipped... she's quite proud of herself :cool:

Bandit's Mom likes this.