02/20 Butters AMPS 85/+3 85/+5.5 67/+6.5 94/+9 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday PM cycle Butters nadired at +5 (59). Then she went up to 113 @+11:banghead:.

I fed her a slightly larger snack at +9.5, wrongly assuming she would nadir late. I meant to get a test then. I was awake to make sure she ate her snack. But I'm not allowed to test her while she eats, so I had to wait for her to finish. I accidentally fell back asleep while I waited:facepalm:. I don't know if something I did caused her to be higher at +11 or whether this dose isn't quite cutting it for her (but 59 nadir!!).

Today is my fifth day in a row of having to shovel snow:rolleyes:, and butters's fifth day @1.25u.

Have a great day, all.

Abdullah and JaxBenji like this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

lol. This is a fun correlation. Maybe add it to the moon phase?

Surf safely, Butters. Nadir earlier perhaps than +12? Just a thought. Have a wonderful day, Lyla :bighug:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  3. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

You have lots of pretty greens! Mostly greens, actually :D I can’t see how the dose isn’t working for her :bighug:

Butters loves those late Nadirs, except when she doesn’t :p

Have a great day!

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Good morning Lyla and Butters! I don't think that blue blip was so bad...just a blip! Over and done! Have a great Caturday you two! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think she’s doing great on this dose. No need for her to be a drama queen all of the time!

6. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hmmmm.... time to revise the predictive model w a snow input ...

Butters & Lyla and JaxBenji like this.
  7. Butters & Lyla

I've become so used to her being a drama queen. When there is no drama, I assume something's wrong:facepalm:.

8. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

It's pretty thrilling to come back and see Butters doing so well! That's great Lyla!

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice to see you and glad that Singha is still OTJ. :D

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

The snow is never ending! Nice thing tho is it gives the kitties something of interest to look out at from the windows when it's coming down.

Be a no drama mama today, Butterz. Hope you're having a chill Caturday, Lyla!

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lyla, Butters is doing great, that blue was probably a blip.
    This better be the end of these snow storms, I can't take it anymore!
    Hope you and Butters have a good day ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today. :D

14. Butters & Lyla

How did I miss this yesterday? Fair play:smuggrin: lol. Oh, it was great to read that Jax jumped onto the counter to eat the rest of the food there:joyful:.

She listened:confused:. So much for the +12 nadirs and trying to feed for a late nadir:rolleyes:. +5ish nadirs seem to be her bag now.

JaxBenji likes this.
  15. Butters & Lyla

Thank you so much, Sam:bighug:. I'm pretty thrilled with her being back in her pre-pancreatitis flare numbers.

16. Butters & Lyla

Wendy, do you mean you would use the change from +9 or +10 to preshot as an indicator of what the next cycle might bring?
    As for the onset, Butters's +2 BGs are more often than not higher than preshot. Her +3 BGs can be higher, too, especially when she has nadired @+12 on the previous cycle. When i'm comparing a +12 nadir/preshot to a +3 to figure out what might happen with the cycle it doesn't seem to be a good indicator. It is what it is, I guess:banghead:.

17. Butters & Lyla

Me too:joyful:! It's my thing but I like sea kayaking and I hate lake kayaking. Another reason why I plan to move to the west coast someday:smuggrin:.
    That's your boathouse??? That's incredible. I go there every chance I get and always, always go kayaking when I'm there. Well, except for when there is weather:rolleyes:. Also, my coworker lived in Deep Cove for 15 years before relocating to Ontario for work:confused:. I can't imagine why anyone would want to leave a place like that.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If Neko was still going down from +9 ish to preshot, chances are good the next cycle would be more active. ECID of course. Going up meant a quieter one and I didn't need to get a second test until later. The problem with Butters, is that sometimes her +2 to +3's have been lime.:eek: There were times a +3 didn't work for me. At least once or twice Neko was going up at even +4 on Lantus, and hit a lime later on. :banghead: I found Neko on Levemir much more predictable.

Webcam here - did 12km this morning. Blisters are still talking. :blackeye:
    It's a water sport, fair to go out when raining, water is often calmer then. Of course, winter on the ocean is less predictable. Waves/fog/wind/lighting mean cancel.

Butters & Lyla and thebigfuzz like this.