02/21 ~~ Bear ~~ AMPS 105

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by lynn and bear (ga), Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

AMPS 105 -- shot 1.50u skinny
    +2.25~46
    +3~47
    +4~54
    PMPS 120 -- shot 1.25 (BCS dose)
    +1.75~100

Hi, LL - This bear, daisydoodle and i went on a 12-day adventure. he did pretty well being away from home. while we were away i used intuition (lol) for each of his doses the first several days and luckily it worked out. (note - newbies - i was able to do this because bear has been on this insulin so long that i could kind of tell based on his appetite, mood, etc. what to dose him. dose-hopping is not recommended on Lantus - i only do this for the first few days when we go away).

anyway, we have been back several days now but he had a nutty day today. i am wondering if i should decrease his dose a hair. the last time i decreased (he hadn't reached the 40's) it didn't stick (see ss), so i am hesitant to decrease again.

i shot 1.25u tonight because i was gun-shy after today. it was kind of a battle all afternoon to get him up even though he was eating like a piggy.

anyway, any comments are sure appreciated. miss you guys!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Lynn and Bear

welcome back!
    Bear is a real cutie, and with really nice numbers today!
    :mrgreen:

3. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

You know your Bear Bear. I would guess you could try staying with the 1.25U and see how it goes. Easy enough to go back up to 1.50sk, dontcha thinkus?

we miss you!! pls tell us about your 12 day adventures...

"Bear Bear and Daisy Doo's Great Adventures"

we want some.

4. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

I hate makin' with the decreases too....quite the nail-biter. Looks like the free pens are showing their skillz, that's encouraging as I still have mine in the fridge. I guess give it a coupla-tree cycles at the 1.25 and bump back up if numbers go to crap.

"coupla-tree" = how many Christmas cookies my father asks for: "Jacqueline, lemme getta coupla-tree uhdem cookies."

A twelve day adventure???? Might you have all the out-doorsy details posted somewhere? OMG did you get a picture of Bear and Daisy on the water ride waving that little flag when they do the big splash-down? That would be cool. :mrgreen:

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Lynn,
    Love to hear stories about dat Bear and catrch up on his SS - so many cute Bear stories there. I like intuitional dose hopping. Welcome home to you and Bear and DaisyDoodle.

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

lookit dose numbahs, bear! woo hoo!
    glad you're back, lynn. we miss you when you're gone. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.