02/22-Dolly-AMPS 116 -79@2 46@3.5 -64@4.25 59@4.75 -63@5.5 -59@6 -PMPS 125 -130@1.75 -97@3.25 -77@4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Feb 22, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...6-58-7-pmps-67-89-1-25-81-2-5-97-4-25.243480/

Todays' first, Dolly scratched my whole forearm, she was having none of that antibiotic. :stop: (that she did have) It was an accident, I can't remember her ever scratching me before, even an accident.

Last nights food didn't get picked up and I caught Dolly starting to eat it this morning. I've always been confident she wouldn't eat old food (6 hrs old) wrong again :oops: Actually I didn't give her the chance, I pulled it so fast. Auto-feeders are a problem because she can't smell cold food so she won't eat it. Need a plan :bookworm:

Have a happy Monday all - safe surfing kitties :):cat:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Hi Adrienne! Sorry that Dolly scratched you. I'm sure she didn't mean it. Maybe she ate the food from last night because the antibiotics are working and she can smell again? That would ne a nice thing! Have a great day! :bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Hi Katherine, thank goodness she didn’t eat it, it was 6 hrs old, nasty. My husband usually pulls it around 3am. She is still congested but I have hope....:D she still has another week of the antibiotic :p yucky stuff. Have a wonderful day :) surf safely Ruby :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Surf safely Dolly :cat: Sorry about the scratching :oops: Can Dolly hear? The auto feeder is kind of loud...if Jax hears it, he knows there's food. Just an idea. Have a wonderful day :bighug:

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

My scratch is nasty looking. Deep on one end, bled a lot. Cleaned it with Hydrogen Peroxide. Put Neosporin Antibiotic cream. Any one know of anything else? It's red. And then she has the nerve to go lime on me.:D:D:D

Was going to see the boys today, 3 month old & 8 year old Great Grandsons. Doesn't happen very often. Maybe leave Dolly for an hour and a half. 3 minutes away. 1:30. Hopefully she won't do the up and down dance.:woot::woot:

We are not seeing the boys today, can’t leave Dolly. Her numbers are fine but I don’t trust they will stay that way. I gave her mc food 4 times, she should be at 90 by now.

6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I will look into the auto feeders again. I never end up getting one because she won’t eat cold food, it doesn’t smell like room temp or warmed up. Any thoughts on which one. Don’t want to spend a lot of money on something she may not use. ( like the toys and beautiful perch we recently bought her and just stuff :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Well, I have this one https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Mate-C500-Automatic-Digital/dp/B01AUYLVU8
    The cat mate c500. I like it. It has five compartments and two ice packs, so maybe you could not bother using the ice pack that is under the compartments of the upcoming feedings? Give those meals a chance to get closer to room temperature.

I still have to wake up when the auto feeder goes off, because Butters is a deep sleeper:rolleyes:. So I have to kind of jiggle her awake and make sure she jumps off the bed and goes to the auto feeder to eat. But it is still easier than putting on my chef's apron and preparing mini meals for her throughout the night:joyful:.

Sorry Dolly thwarted your plans to go out, but those are beautiful numbers again today:D!
    Have a great night:bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) and JaxBenji like this.
  8. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I have the CatMate5 and the PetSafe5. I use one for AM feedings and one for PM feedings - BUT I started with just one (and really, really like having two). I do use the icepacks for the CatMate5 (because they were included) but the PetSafe5 doesn't have any...soooo I don't use any...(judge away lol :p). Jax gets his last snack at +6 so I really don't worry about it. If I was feeding raw (on my dream board lol), I would be using the ice packs but Jax is on just regular pates still. I add water to his food anyway and it's never dried out...I should also note he is far, far, far from a picky eater...if he's picky it's because he's sick or he knows I've tried to sneak in meds :rolleyes: Also, if he hears his auto feeder, he will awake from slumber for it lol.

Check eBay and amazon and the manufacturers sites. I agree the auto feeders aren't cheap but I personally love them.

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks so much Lyla. I will look at the auto feeder. What would a day be like without an Amazon delivery:nailbiting:. Dolly always wants something :cat:. She has never had so much mc in one day, maybe even several days. Somehow you just know when their numbers mean “pay attention” same number on anther day, no big deal. Now with the calipers she is getting more insulin. Between eyeballing .125 and the lines on the syringes all different, she was getting different amounts. Thanks again for your suggestion and for listening to me vent.:woot::woot: You and Butters have a beautiful evening. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks so much
    Thanks Susanne. I will have a look. Again, so nice to see that Jax is feeling better. Sad that I didn’t get to see my great grandsons but not the day to leave Dolly. She’s a sneaky one, likes to surprise me. :joyful::eek::woot:o_O Have a wonderful evening, tell Jax extra safe surfing. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Hugs to Benji from Dolly :bighug::bighug:

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I wonder if Dolly’s PMPS is so high from the mc I gave her. Probably overdid it in trying to prevent anymore limes. :D She is definitely getting more insulin with the calipers. It’s closer to the 1.5 rather then being in the middle of 1 unit and 1.5 units going by the syringe lines. I feel like I am doing it right. Using the app that Susanne mentioned and my magnifier glasses. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe Bouncing :woot::woot:

Maybe bounce clearing :D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021