02/24 Casper AMPS 610, +2 495, +6 109, +8 349; PMPS 576, +2 343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yuling & Casper (GA), Feb 24, 2021.

1. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Yuling & Casper (GA) Member

Good morning, it's Wednesday.
    We had quite a ride last night, I did gave him only 1 tbsp of high carb, renal food when he is low at 90. His BG has been spiking high since then.
    I use alphatrak 2 meter strips, sealed and brand new. Should I buy another set just to be on the safe side? Every time before I use the new bottle of strips, I calibrate the meter, set the value, and do the control solution test twice with 2 random strips.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Okay. You are doing it right. These dips just are so drastic I wanted to double check on that. Some people use other less expensive strips in the AT and it’s not accurate. Next time you get a huge drop would you recheck with your human meter and also when he goes up to the sky soon after? I know we can’t compare but both should either be high or low at the same time.

How’s he feeling? Still active and playful I hope? Do you have any rechecks coming up to see about the anemia or are you going by how he is acting?

Yuling & Casper (GA) likes this.
  3. Yuling & Casper (GA)

No problem. Will do that to get some reference data.
    He is still very active, plays when it's nice and warm outside, even wanted to go out in the middle of the night. I have a follow up visit next week. Judging from his gum and paw pads, he seems doing a lot better. But we wouldn't really know until the next lab.

I am not sure why he has been up and downs so much, I just hope we can do something to get it regulated soon.

4. tiffmaxee

I hope he stops the big drops. He’s spending too much time in high numbers right now. His weight is good?

5. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Yup, ever since we started 0.25, his numbers are quite high, but drops during the cycles. His weight is 6.2 today, been gaining weight and he doesn't feel so bony anymore. Other than the bouncing BG, he is pretty much back to normal, including being extremely picky again on food.:cat:

6. tiffmaxee

That all sounds good except the finicky appetite. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021