03/01-Dolly-AMPS 102 -84@2 -67@4 -69@6 -PMPS 90 -59@2.25 -65@3.25 -68@+4.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Mar 1, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Beautiful AM cycle today, team Dolly! Hope you're having a great day, Adrienne. :bighug:

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Katherine. Any word on Ruby?? Hope you got or get good news. Keep me posted. As usual their numbers are so close, hope to get to that dosage someday soon :rolleyes::rolleyes: Have a wonderful day you two. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. Katherine&Ruby

No news from the vet yet. Called this morning to ask for the ultrasound report and the vet isn't in again until Wednesday. They sent Ruby's blood to the lab at Texas A&M, and given the disaster that occurred there I doubt I will hear anything about that before Thursday. Playing the waiting game. :rolleyes: Ruby's BG numbers are fine for me right now given all she has going on with her but I do wish those blue numbers would go away. I'm sure you feel the same way about Dolly girl. :bighug:

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Katherine. Prayers you get answers soon and Ruby is okay. So frustrating to play the waiting game.:nailbiting: Yes about the “blues” especially when you get a 100 or 101:mad:

I don't know if you saw my post last night about ketones. I use a ketone meter and I went to get a strip out of the box, earlier I used last one in open vial that read 1.06, anyway, the box was empty, I kept the empty box :mad::mad:. Never been able to use the normal pee strips with Dolly. Yesterday her litter box smelled off. Taking her in for a urinalysis today. Last time I did this, for same reason, labs came back with zero ketones and no glucose in her urine. I am still worried and scared:(. No matter how much I read up :bookworm: on ketones, I feel clueless about DKA. Her blood glucose is low. Sorry for my vent.
    Have a good day and try not to stress, like that’s so easy, answers come in their own time. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

We are going to the vet for urinalysis to check for ketones and glucose in her urine. I am very nervous. Her number was 1.06 and like so much lately, her box of ketone strips was empty :blackeye::( just like my brain. Why did I keep an empty box??? o_O:arghh: I need sleep. Brain is not functioning.

She has no symptoms, eating okay, drinking, low BG, not lethargic. The meter could have been a false positive.
    No pee today. Nothing in her bladder. Go back tomorrow. :banghead:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  7. Katherine&Ruby

Adrienne, with numbers as good as Dolly's, it's unlikely that she has ketone issues, right? I know it's a concern for cats with high numbers but if she's eating and drinking ok, it might just be a false alarm. :bighug:

8. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks for responding Katherine. She definitely has no symptoms but her urine smells off. Not exactly like it did when her glucose was not controlled, it’s not that thick, sticky, dark yellow, sweet smelling urine but I can’t explain it. But like I said, the last time her ketones were 1.6, I took her in for a urinalysis and everything was negative. I’m putting some water in her food, she hates it soupy, probably because she is missing a lot of teeth:D:mad: we go back tomorrow am and her strips are coming tomorrow. Vet appt on Sunday. Just scary. :nailbiting::nailbiting:. Thanks for stopping by and listening to my kitty woes. :):(
    You and Ruby have a good night :bighug::bighug::bighug: Safe surfing Ruby :cat:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021