03/03 Chico 225@PMPS; 86@2; 77@ 2.5; 72@3; 67@3.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

We were taken by surprise with an 86@2. We gave 2 drops of honey just to slow him down. Will measure in half

Yesterday's thread

2. Marina & Chico

We measure 77@ 2.5 after 2 drops of honey. We consider giving a tsp of LC with 2 drops of honey.

3. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you have any higher carb food? ex fancy feast gravy? I would re test in 20 minutes if you have fed with the LC and honey

Marina & Chico likes this.
  4. Marina & Chico

We have 13% and 19%,

we suspect Chico of ibd and we are trying to avoid the use of any other foods than his main one, hence the honey. Of course if he keeps on dropping we will take out the heavy gears but would try to avoid it if possible

5. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Okay just keep an eye on him and test. Molly drops pretty low at times. Sometimes I have a hard time getting her numbers up. I have HC kibble that I'll give her.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If in the 50’s you would need a little hc early in the cycle but a little mc in the 80’s is usually all that’s needed. They make mc add about 1/4 t of honey. It will be trial and error to see how much is needed. Good you are testing and caught the early drop. :D

7. Marina & Chico

thank you for the suggestion, we tried approx 1/4 tsp, let's see if this will stop him from dropping

We measure +1 when we suspect he might go low, to give us enough time for flattening the curb. this one took us by surprise completely.

we are 72@3 now

tiffmaxee likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

With Lantus onset for most at +2 many find f that’s lower than tge preshot you will need to watch closely. Many get a food bump at +1.

9. tiffmaxee

I would have fed a couple teaspoons when you got the 72. It’s early.

10. Marina & Chico

We always measure +2, but because Chico is a swingy boy we learned to start with +1 when his preshot is low. I guess our tolerances increased and now we didnt consider a PS of 225 as low... actually we were expecting a bounce, that’s why we were taken by surprise

11. Marina & Chico

Good to know, i guess we were lucky he slowed down and gave us the space to control