03/03-Dolly-AMPS 119 -114@2.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Mar 3, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    SDAbby, Sue and Luci and tiffmaxee like this.
  2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Aww, what a pretty girl she is! How's Dolly's eating and breathing after the antibiotics, Adrienne?

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She is eating great but her little nose is either stuffed up or bubbling with mucous, so basically no change. She has an appointment Sunday. I hate to do another culture, expensive and money could be put towards CT Scan or X-rays with an endoscopy to scope her nasal passages, hopefully get a biopsy. But I would like to know if the antibiotics got rid of the pseudomonas, culture may be the only way. There is probably thickening of the walls of her sinus track. Possible polyps, even cancer.

How is Ruby doing? Is she eating? Hope you get the ultrasound results today and maybe the bloodwork as well. Please keep us posted. Praying the results have an easy solution.
    Wanted to let you know I had both of my vaccines and no side affects except my husbands arm hurt. Have a great day Katherine. Ruby surf safely and feel good. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are so lucky you had no side effects from the vaccine. It appears Pfizer is the best one to get.
    I’m sorry to hear Dolly’s symptoms aren’t going away. How long has she been on the Med?

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

So sorry Elise you are feeling so bad. Hope the side affects are gone soon. Dolly was on the antibiotics for 14 days, last dose 3/01. There is no way to know which antibiotic will be affective, if any. As terrible as this may sound, if it is cancer, I don’t think it is based on how she is doing overall, I would not put her through chemotherapy. I love her more than I can express but Dolly has changed with this second round of active diabetes. She is having terrible trust issues. I know how much she loves me, she watches or follows me everywhere but I have become an ear poker sometimes causing pain because her ear gets sore and a medicine giver, she hates getting meds. She no longer sits on my lap, waits for us on the bed when we have to leave for awhile. Just a lot of changes in her behavior. She has always had trust issues from the day we adopted her. I’ve never had a cat like Dolly, we have done everything we could think of to make her less afraid. Here we are almost 8 years later and still trying to make her feel safe. :nailbiting:

6. tiffmaxee

I’m fine now. It was only really bad Saturday night through Monday early.

I suggest you think about keeping her in safe numbers but not quite as low so you won’t need to poke her as much. There needs to be a balance between keeping her as healthy as possible with the diabetes and QOL. This is just my opinion. You need to do what is best for you and Dolly. :bighug:

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

QOL ? She’s higher again today but very low last night. I am hoping for remission so her life doesn't revolve around testing. Even less testing. She is compliant but hates it. Do you think remission is still a possibility?

8. tiffmaxee

I don’t know whether remission is possible or not. When you write about her not sitting with you and personality changes I think I would find a way to not test as much yet keep her nice and safe. Just don’t like to see people feel their cats are detached. I never had that with Max. He didn’t mind testing.

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She was great with testing for a long time and then one day it was as if she said “I’m over it”. She is still compliant, she doesn’t resist, but she is not happy about it. I don’t understand her numbers now. These higher numbers am but substantially lower at night. Do we just continue on this dose? Do I continue to prevent her dropping below 50 with mc but also prevent any possibility of a reduction? Am I making any sense? I did understand what you were saying as well about just keeping her nice and safe. I’m not ignoring your words but my hopes for her are to get her off insulin and testing once a week or less.

10. tiffmaxee

She’s been on this dose a long time. It’s fine to see if she wants a reduction.

To try for remission means you will need to test often to keep her in lower numbers.

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

What do you mean “want a reduction”? If you look at her spreadsheet sheet I have been starting to not test most of the afternoon, last 4-6 hours before PMPS.

12. tiffmaxee

Adrienne you just asked if you should stop trying to prevent a reduction I was answering your question and said don’t try to prevent one.

13. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

The vet called and her urinalysis showed negative for ketones or sugar in her urine. He said both could come and go and because I got a reading of 1.6 on her meter, he wants me to continue checking for ketones. He told me the treatment for the presence of ketones would be to raise her insulin dose. I can’t be truthful with him about her numbers, he will want her off insulin altogether. We see him Sunday.

14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Adrienne fell and hurt herself this afternoon. She is in the hospital Dolly's dad has taken over for the moment. She is still in the low 100s, and eating well. I will test again in one hour.

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Dolly 99 4 3/4 hours after PM shot .

16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my! I'm sorry to hear that and I hope she will be feeling better soon! Please let us know how she's doing! I was looking for a recent post and just realized this evening that we haven't heard anything from Adrienne!

Sending get well wishes to Adrienne!!:bighug::bighug::bighug: