? 03/09 Mowgli AMPS 436 (0.5R) +5 337, +8 389 (0.25R), +10 396, PMPS 423 (0.5R)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Yesterday
    @Wendy&Neko
    @Lisa & Oberon

Another nice 100 point drop with 8L and 0.5R.

Since we are due for a Lantus increase tomorrow morning and we haven't gone down too fast this cycle, I was wondering if it would be okay to experiment with an R dose at +6? We would surely test after the R dose to try to see its effect.

Your thoughts are most welcome!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could try 0.25 units and see what it does. Test at R+2 and +4.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Is it too late to try it? We're at +7.25 now.

4. Wendy&Neko

Go ahead and try it.

5. Wendy&Neko

While you are doing that - my reasoning. You don't want the nadirs of both insulins to coincide (could be bigger drops), but Mowgli's L nadir looks to be long gone two hours from now. And all the R action should be out of the way for PMPS.

6. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks for the clarification! Gave him 0.25u just now. Will test again in two hours and again at PMPS, which is approximately R+4.

7. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

This is cycle #6 on 8.0u Lantus. Barring something miraculous, we should increase to 8.5 u tomorrow right? Or considering we are getting a nice smooth curve from this Lantus dose already (albeit only from 400s to low 300s), is there a chance we can simply increase the R doses at mid-cycle to get us into yellows and then blues? For reference, today's 0.25R dose at mid cycle didn't seem to do much.

8. Wendy&Neko

I would do the L increase. Lantus lasts longer, should eventually give you lower and flatter cycles.

Jaime & Mowgli likes this.