? 03/11 Mowgli AMPS 358, +3 327, +4.5 348 , +6 259, +7 349 (0.5R) Mid-Cycle R thoughts

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

@Wendy&Neko
    @Lisa & Oberon

So I gave Mowgli a mid-cycle dose of 0.5 R on last night's cycle. Seems like 0.5R at mid-cycle is not too much as he went from 348 when I gave it (PM+7) and his AMPS (= R+5) was only up to 358. So while it didn't lower his BG, it may have slowed down his increase.

Also, 0.5R at Mowgli's regular shot times may be too much when combined with his new 8.5 units of Lantus considering he dropped >100 in a few hours last night. Will be evaluating how much Mowgli drops this cycle on 8.5L and 0.25R.

Considering the 0.5R mid-cycle dose did not lower Mowgli's BG too much last night, I think I'd like to try it again in this daytime cycle just to verify.

Cheers!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I think you are right, the 0.5R at mid cycle is worth another experiment. The 0.5 at PS sometimes works, but is too much if that's when he respond to an increase. When you increased to 6 units, and again to 7, his response was the second cycle, not the first - cat's do like to mix it up! :cat: Second cycle of 6.5, his +4 was down more than 100 points from the L alone. A little homework for you, check the Mowgli's increases and see if you can see a pattern in how much he's dropped from the L, and which cycles. If there is a pattern, maybe his R dose is 0.25 units that cycle, and 0.5 R the rest.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

@Wendy&Neko
    Thank you for the response!
    I just tested him at +6 and was expecting something in the low 300s and was going to shoot 0.5R. Instead I got 259! I'd love to still shoot the R right now as I don't think it'll drop him more than 100 pts, but would like your input.

I'd love to shoot the R and hopefully see a marginal drop for his PM shot!

P.S. I am stalling the R dose for a bit until either I get a response from you or until I test again and he's closer to 300.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Reason for edit: added note
  4. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

BTW, I'm working from my mom's house until Sunday while I house sit, so that's why I'm a little more gung ho about these experiments.

What a coincidence that the night I come to baby sit Mowgli he starts seeing better numbers! Maybe all he's wanted all along is for me to be his primary caregiver again, just like the good old days haha.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wait to see if he's going up before shooting R. Maybe an hour?

6. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Yes, I figured I could wait a little bit. +7 is coming up here soon so I can test him again and give R if he's coming up. I was comfortable trying R at +6 but I didn't want to get in trouble for being too gung ho :)

7. Wendy&Neko

And typically people have a cut off point, below which they don't give R. I might start with 0.25 units of R if he's still below 300.

8. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Gotcha. I will update in a bit.

9. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Gave 0.5u of R since he tested at 349.