? 03/27 Henry PMPS 79,+1 86,+2 67,+3 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angelaf44, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm stalling for 20 minutes and withholding food, I think that's the protocol?

I've never shot 1 unit this low so I don't know what to do. His PMPS is always over 100 so this is really confusing me. I checked it twice with the same result.

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi - yes you can stall without feeding and grab another test to see if Henry is rising or falling (though rising is not a requirement for shooting...some kitties will keep dropping without food).

As long as you can monitor and have MC, HC, honey, and strips, you can shoot when following TR. I'd get a +1 and +2 and go from there.

Here's your last post - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-05-henry-pmps-119-should-we-increase-again.244193/

Extra credit reading for later (on shooting low) :) - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...tion-slgs-myths-debunked.111088/#post-1173098

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You shot a 94. With meter variance this is close.

4. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

@JaxBenji @tiffmaxee

Thank you both for your help. I tested again and he is at 88. I gave him 1 unit, and I'll be sure to grab lots of tests as I'm an overly panicked cat mom which I'm sure you can tell!

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

6. JaxBenji

Yes - looks like you usually feed at +5? maybe part of that snack? How much do you usually feed then?

The idea is to feed a little bit to help keep Henry surfing.

7. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

I give him roughly two tablespoons. I can give him some now. Should I feed low carb or medium carb?

8. JaxBenji

I'd do low carb - maybe do two teaspoons and test in an hour? If you are nervous, you can test in 30 (and/or feed mc).

Angelaf44 likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

You may want to update your title as you go so those scrolling can see if you need any help (& change the date to 03/27 :)). I'll keep an eye prob for another 30ish minutes.

03/27 Henry PMPS 88,+1 86,+2 68,+3 63

(was the 63 @ +3 or +2.5? )

Hopefully Henry has a flat gentle cycle :bighug:

Angelaf44 likes this.
  10. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Thank you @JaxBenji for your help!

Lol I feel so dumb, I thought today was the 28th! +4 is 70, looks like we're holding steady! I feel like I'm going to have a long night though :nailbiting:

JaxBenji likes this.
  11. JaxBenji

Henry had a beautiful cycle - next time he goes two hours without food and holds steady, you can probably call it a night (I would have called it a night at +6). You have lots of data for next time :bighug: Here's some :coffee::coffee::coffee: for today :bighug:

Angelaf44 likes this.