? 03/28 Henry PMPS 95, +1 81, +3 72, +4 68, question about shooting tomorrow morning.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angelaf44, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Previous

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-27-henry-pmps-79-1-86-2-67-3-63.245331/#post-2768287

Hi everyone,

Henry has decided to suddenly throw solid greens at me the last 2 cycles, looks like this one will stay green as well.

I'm worried about shooting 1u tomorrow morning as I return to work- I won't be able to monitor him from +1 to +9. My mom is home and can feed him, but she cannot test him.

What do you all recommend? Do you think he'll be okay with 1u or should I reduce his dose tomorrow morning?

Thank you!

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Any chance you can move your shot times so that you can get a +2 before you head to work?

3. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

I definitely can, but it would be too late to start tomorrow morning right? I'm also not home immediately after work sometimes so if I'm doing 2 hours earlier it will be tight for me. He'll be getting his shot late in the evening.

4. Bandit's Mom

If you move the shot time up by one hour, would you not be able to get a +2 before you leave for work?

You can move up by half an hour every morning.

5. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

I shoot him 30 minutes before I leave for work. If I move it up 1 hour I'd be able to get a +1.5 test before I leave.

Okay so if I move it up half an hour tomorrow morning, I can get a +1. Is that what you suggest? If his reading is indicative of an active cycle I won't be able to stay home unless he is really close to 50 at +1.

Thank you for your help!

6. Bandit's Mom

His onset seems to be after +1. Could be at +1.5 or +2. A test at +1.5 should give you some indication of the cycle ahead. If you can get a +2 that would be even better.
    See what you can manage around your schedule. We have to work within the constraints we have! :)

What% carbs are you feeding? One option is to feed slightly higher carbs in the AM cycle.

7. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Okay I'll see how what changes I can make to his schedule.

Everything I feed him is below 10%, most under 5%. I have some 14% my mom can feed him throughout the day.

8. Bandit's Mom

No. That would be too high. I meant feed 6-8% carbs in early part of AM cycle (say at +1 and +2) so he has some buffer. Till you get higher carbs you could add a bit of the 14% to increase carbs.

For now he seems to be doing okay in the AM cycle - staying in safe greens without needing any higher carb intervention.

I see you feed at PS, +4 and +8? Maybe feed at PS, +2, +4 and +6?

9. Angelaf44

Angelaf44 Member

Okay I understand regarding the feeding. I just found some 10% I have in the back of my pantry I forgot about. Perhaps I can mix that in rather than the 14%.

I'll let my mom know to adjust the feeding times. Thank you!

Bandit's Mom likes this.