03/30 Pookie, dose increase TN? 299 +3 346 +6 342 + 9 275 PMPS 230 +2 99 +8 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pookie kyle/Dalton, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Pookie kyle/Dalton Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/03-29-pookie-amps-110-3-137-6-146-pmps-160-2-124-4-94.245404/

bounced
    back a bit this morning, from last nights blue and green! but this mornings dose was his 10th cycle since our token dose on the 25th, I'll test and see how the numbers are today but I think he will get a .25 dose increase tonight PMPS, since he seems to be staying roughly in the 200-300 with some days recently a bit lower ! Please if anyone agrees I'd love any advice:) but I do think we've have been taking great care of him and have gotten so much better with everyone's help I cannot thank everyone enough !❣️

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the dose increase since he saw green last night. Did you feed anything with the 94 to keep him surfing? You may want to put dose ? in your subject line.

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yup, you are good for an increase to 1.75U :)

Pookie kyle/Dalton likes this.
  4. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Yes I fed him a small meal and gave him a little later in the night as well he is bouncing high today, I think he accidentally ate a little bit of dry when Dalton got home but not much we keep the bowls sealed most of the time ! He is in the pinks now

5. Bandit's Mom

Why do you have dry? Other cats?

6. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Yes we have 2 other cats , my cat Oreo who turned 3 yesterday and daltons cat who we just call puss
    upload_2021-3-30_11-28-1.jpeg

7. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Oreo

Attached Files:

Butters & Lyla and carfurby (GA) like this.
  8. Bandit's Mom

Very cute! Why not switch all of them to low carb canned? It's good for them.

I think someone here must have pointed you to this site at some point or the other :)
    https://catinfo.org/

9. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

We call the non diabetic cats as "civvies". Yours are gorgeous!

10. Hercule's mum

if it is feasible, I would aslo support the idea of one food for all. I say this after going through two months of making sure the diabetic cat did not eat the kibbles I was feeding my civvie because I had bought a 10lb bag of kibble. I am so glad that bag is gone! I failed multiple times to take away the kibble.... and now is one less thing to remeber!

11. Pookie kyle/Dalton

I definitely want to!! Oreo has stomach issues so he has to eat a special hypoallergenic cat food, and he gets a bit of cat acne under his chin but we have been feeding them more wet now along side pookie !!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Thank you for telling me I'll use that term for referring to then in the future !! :)

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you fed last night. Some people find it helpful to add to the remarks column how much food they feed and what time when they get into lower numbers. It makes it easy to look back and see what worked and what didn't.

14. Pookie kyle/Dalton

I try to always feed pookie a small meal during the night since I'm always up a few times !!! I'd love to add that to the spread sheet but I would need to get a scale to more accurately weight out his portions

15. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Some photos of pookie yesterday !! I recently grew some cat grass and he had been loving it !!
    upload_2021-3-30_14-18-19.jpeg
    upload_2021-3-30_14-18-33.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. Hercule's mum

I love the second picture!

17. Pookie kyle/Dalton

ok, tonight I will increase his PMPS dose to 1.75U !! I hope maybe the small increase will help him stay consistently in better numbers !! I will try to get some late-night tests especially because of the increase wish pookie some good luck! :)

18. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the increase for the adorable Pookie:cat:

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Such adorable kitties

20. Pookie kyle/Dalton

ok i just tested him he was at 230 at his PMPS and gave him the increased dose !! will get a plus 2 and hopefully a +4 if not Ill get one later in the night

21. Pookie kyle/Dalton

Just checked pookie +2 and he is at exactly 99!! So good will get a test in late tonight for sure but great numbers :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  22. Bandit's Mom

That is quite a drop at +2. Do not see any later tests on your SS...

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  23. Pookie kyle/Dalton

i wasn't able to get a +4 but I got him at 4 am my time, +8 and he went back up a bit to 140 I take pictures and add them to the spread sheet when I have time later on !