? 04/02 Evey AMPS 194 +6 106 +8 131 PMPS 157 +2 61 +5 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Evey, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Evey

Evey Member

Hello everyone! After the small rebounce, her BG is going down again. Libre sensor says she's been around 52-54 from+3 to +5 tonight. i failed to pricked her ear and paw tonight. so I couldn't get ahuman glucosemeter number for the nadir.

Last time when her sensor said 52, the glucose meter was 50. I am not if the readings from the sensor and glucosemrter were the same.

I wonder if she earned a reduction. I have been giving her 1U. Should I reduce the dose to 0.75 tomorrow?

Thanks

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We reduce when they go under 50. Which technically has not happened yet.

3. Evey

Evey Member

If the sensor said it's 2.6 or 2.8 (below 50mg/dL). Can I adjust the dose based on the FreeStyle Libre reading? I read that the sensor reading is not that accurate but i didn't test her BG using a glucometer. Should I always test her using the glucosmeter when she is under 2.8?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If the Libre says 2.7 or below (below 50), then it's a good idea to double check with the hand held meter. We get a wide range of differences between Libre and meter. Some are close, but some way apart. You don't want to take a reduction if not under 50 on the BG meter.

5. Evey

Evey Member

Thank you Wendy. I had a hard time pricking her ear and geting enough blood for the meter. Most of the time, I hafto prick her ears and paws multiple times to get the blood. by the time I finally got it, she got angry and her BG went up, which made the result not so accurate. I will learn how to get better at testing her with handheld meter.