? 04/07 | Mochi | PMPS 351, +3 162, +6 70, +7 50, +8 103 | AMPS 230, +3 282, +6 379

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mochi & Me, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Mochi & Me

Mochi & Me Member

Condo (old)

Mochi keeps going low at night. I suspect it's because he hasn't been eating much or consistently. (Background)

His daytime numbers are typically much higher. If I hadn't taught my 20 yr old night owl how to test we never would have caught these dips.

I've been following SLGS, and we're now down to half a unit, which is half of his starting dose (per the vet). I'm considering trying tight regulation because I really don't want to drop him down any further if I don't have to, but I'm nervous about shooting under 150, especially at night given his pattern of low numbers.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Reason for edit: Typo
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He’s looking really good. He earned that reduction. The higher depot can effect the next 6 cycles.

Shoot low to stay low is the motto because when you shoot low they often have a flat lantus cycle.

If you want to try TR, you can gradually lower your no shot number and see what happens. You can also try shooting green when you are home and can monitor. One of us can then guide you as to when to test and what to feed. We have an unwritten rule that is someone tells you to shoot a low number they will stay with you and guide you through the cycle until safe to stop testing.

Mochi & Me likes this.
  3. Mochi & Me

Mochi & Me Member

Well, I think we're going to give tight regulation a shot.

Not sure if this morning was a fur shot or he's bouncing? Panicky liver?