? 04/10 Kitty AMPS 366 +2 355 +4 265 +6 279 +8 312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Corey & Kitty, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Previous Thread

So, I know this is only Kitty's first cycle on insulin glargine, and I know I need to be patient as the depot builds. I did a bit of testing because I was around and had nothing else to do today.

I'm wondering if it is too soon to determine if I can safely begin removing more dry food from her diet and adding in more wet. The past few days I've noticed she has been eating less of her dry food. It's currently a little bit after +8 and she's only touched maybe one-third of her dry food. I know I just changed the insulin so I don't want to make too many big changes at once if its not safe, but it seems like perhaps the dry food is what is holding her numbers up? Am I trying to be too quick? Should I just give it a bit more time? I just don't like seeing her numbers this high, at least before on the Novolin she was seeing some numbers in the 100s.

I know the effects of insulin glargine are cumulative once there starts being some overlap from previous cycles, but do you think I will really see a lot more difference in her numbers after a few cycles?

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I would give it til at least day 4-ish to think about diet change. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but every so often it happens.

But yes the dry is definitely keeping numbers up

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The depot will take 5-7 days to build. The dry food definitely effects the bg. You started on 2.0 lantus but she was in 3.0 Novolin. Try and limit the dry food even more. If you can monitor closely I would even consider stopping it all together. I do think you will see a difference in 7 days of lantus.