? 04/12 Mowgli AMPS=389, +3 282, +6 146, +8 142 thoughts on dose increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

Apologies again for being MIA!

I was asked to accompany a family member across the border recently and I figured it was a perfect opportunity to see if I could pick up some Levemir in case I ever wanted to make the switch. Alas, I now have two boxes of Levemir pens!

Anyway, around that same time I noticed Mowgli walking away from his shot on one occasion and it made me uneasy about increasing his dose further without a backup plan. My thought was that if Mowgli was going to keep needing dose increases then I would like to have Levemir on hand in case it became clear that Lantus was stinging. Additionally, I figured Levemir could be better at reducing his bouncing and whatnot.

Well, fast forward to a couple days ago and it seems like Mowgli had other ideas. Suddenly, he wasn't bouncing and surfing a lot more in the blues. The streak was only broken last night when we had a fur shot, but he's already back surfing in blues today. I will admit that seeing blues every day discouraged me from wanting to increase because I didn't want to mess with the success we were having! Emotionally it was very hard to believe that this improvement was real considering how bad Mowgli's numbers were for the better part of 3 months.

So on to my question. I see we definitely have room to increase our Lantus dose. Should we give 14u of Lantus a shot? I will still keep Levemir on hand if it's ever needed. But now that greens are becoming a possibility I am faced with the question of how low I am comfortable allowing Mowgli to get before giving a reduction. Remember I am serving as an auxiliary caregiver and it's mainly my mom who's having to carry the brunt of the work. I don't know if I want to sign us up for trying Tight Regulation if it means my mom will have to be even more vigilant with testing... All thoughts on this matter are welcome!

@Wendy&Neko

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Is Mowgli still walking away from his shots? Just wondering if a switch to Lev should be part of the plan.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

I just talked to my mom and she says she hasn't noticed any reaction from Mowgli. The time I noticed Mowgli walking away from the shot my sister was the one giving the shot. Maybe we can increase the Lantus and as soon as we notice anything we switch to Levemir?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You could try the Lantus increase. Would be good to use up the Lantus if you can and he's not reacting to it.

5. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Okay. We'll have to try it tomorrow morning. I'm assuming we can move forward with it only if we don't get any greens tonight right?