? 04/13/22 MICIO: AMPS 216 / 149@ +3.5 / 153@ +5.75 / 161@ +9.25 BG's SUDDENLY RISING

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA), Apr 13, 2022.

1. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA) Member

YESTERDAY: AMPS 126 / 69@ +3 / 88@ +5.75 / 105@ +9 / PMPS 120 / 97@ +3 / 155@ =5.75 / 173@ +8

Not quite sure why Micio's BG's suddenly started rising last night, I know for sure it WAS NOT a fur shot at pm last night...Micio was restless for awhile and his ears were pretty hot, finally ended up falling asleep around 3am...hope is just a temporary thing.
    Could this be one of those "acro" flare ups @Wendy&Neko , @Suzanne & Darcy ?
    In this case, would I continue with same insuline dose? (PM shot will be in about 2 1/2 hours).
    Tnx

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Is he eating? I hope he does not have an infection (you mentioned he was hot in the ears). If he has a good appetite then an infection would be unlikely. Could he have gotten into any contraband food or people food?

3. Suzanne & Darcy

If he seems really “off” I would take him to the vet.

4. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

He's eating just fine, my cats do not have any access to food beside from me. He was restless and vocal in the middle of the night, that's why I took his bg's and realized they went up quite bit. His ears are fine today and acting pretty normal, just not sure if sudden high bg's are very common with acros.
    His appointment/check up with the vet is next monday though.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The effects of a reduced does (the 6.75 a couple nights ago), can be seen in later cycles. Put on a comfy pair of patience pants and wait until the depot of this dose has settled down. Which means at least six cycles.

6. Wendy&Neko

7. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Wouldn't think a .25u reduction could mess up the bg's that much after I read this: "Due to the nature of the depot, doing just a 0.5 unit reduction for the night cycle would not make much difference at Micio's size of dose. To really make a difference, it has to be a larger reduction. Think around 1/2".
    But hopefully is because of that reduction rather then a possible infection relapse

8. Wendy&Neko

Uneven dosing can cause wonky numbers too.

9. Suzanne & Darcy

To specifically answer your question about acros and sudden BG spikes. This isn’t something I experienced with my Darcy. He was more high all the time- until I got him under control.

10. MISSY + Simone&MICIO (GA)

Thank you! I ask things when I don't know the answer and, any comments, thoughts, suggestions and personal experience help... BTW, Micio's numbers already came down to a better range today (after dental procedure, surgeon advised that the infection on his mouth could come back, fingers crossed, reason of my concern anytime his BG's suddenly spike)
    Guess I misunderstood previous dosing suggestions thinking that I could minimally adjust/tinker the dose based on his numbers. Still learning

11. Suzanne & Darcy

Oh yes, his BG numbers are looking much better today :)

12. Wendy&Neko

Good to see Micio's numbers are settling back. Most people with acros would kill for a spreadsheet looking as good as his.:)