GA 04/15/20 - Willow is gone.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by nslade001, Apr 15, 2020.

1. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hello, my L&L family. Willow is gone.

She died peacefully this morning lying in bed with me, after a rather fast decline over the weekend. We had an appointment booked for tomorrow for bloodwork, but this morning I rescheduled to have her PTS at home this afternoon. As bossy as ever, she didn't wait for the vet to arrive....everything on her say-so, right to the end.

I'm pretty sure it was her kidneys (or kidney, as she had BKLK). Diagnosed in November of 2019, in diet-controlled remission in October thanks to all of you, and still in remission when she died.

I miss her. She was our last baby.

Thank you all so very, very much for everything you did to help us, and continue to do to help others. You make such a difference.

With so much love, Nikki and Wayne

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you were able to be with her. Fly free sweet Willow. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry it was Willow's time. RIP, sweet girl cat_wings>o.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry. She went on her terms. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  5. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Im so sorry :( Im glad she passed peacefully in your arms, which is where she would have wanted to go. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Nikki)))) I am so sorry it was time for Willow to go. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I am glad it was peaceful and hope you can take some comfort in that. She had a very special and loving momma. Fly free Willow - we look in the sky for that new star tonight. cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  7. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss of Willow, my heart hurts for you. What a blessing that she went peacefully in her sleep, with you next to her❤️ Fly free Willowcat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Nikki and Wayne))) I am so sorry to hear Willow is gone....fly free beautiful girl :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Nikki and Wayne I just saw this and wanted to tell you I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Looking at Willow's picture, want a beautiful girl.
    I'm glad she went peacefully by your side
    Fly high sweet Willowcat_wings>o:bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry to read of your loss of precious Willow...you were a wonderful bean to her...I can tell from all your SS results. I'm glad she passed peacefully at home on her own terms...fly free sweet Willow...go chase those butterflies now with the other GA's. cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  11. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So sorry:bighug::bighug::bighug:Fly free pretty little girlcat_wings>o:rb_icon:

nslade001 likes this.
  12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nikky, what a sad news!!:bighug::bighug: I'm so sorry that you lost your little Willow! She decided she wanted to go alone with you, not with the vet... She could not have had a better life and a more loving and caring mamma ! Fly free sweet little girl and take good care of mamma! cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

(((Niki and Wayne))))
    I am so sorry that it was time for Willow to say goodbye, and glad that her passing was peaceful.
    Fly Free Sweet Willow, and land softly at the bridge where there will be many friends to keep you company.
    :rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:
    upload_2020-4-16_16-57-5.jpeg

nslade001 likes this.
  14. Elle D & Hugo

Elle D & Hugo Member

I am so sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o

nslade001 likes this.
  15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss Nikki

Fly free sweet Willow :rb_icon: 25558.jpg :rb_icon:

Gill & George and nslade001 like this.
  16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry for you loss.

Fly free and land softly, Willow.

nslade001 likes this.
  17. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Nikki, it seems like you just got here. You are right about that stubbornness, "Nope, it's not up to you". Our best thought out plans usually end up as nothing.
    Willow is gone but not her spirit, the love you both felt for her and the memories you left us with.
    Give Wayne a hug, be kind to yourselves. Maybe one day another paw will reach out to you but that can wait.
    All our love, Cynthia and Dickson. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

AliceMeowliss (GA) and nslade001 like this.
  18. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: So sorry for your loss.cat_wings>o
    Be free Willow.

nslade001 likes this.
  19. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Oh, Nikki. I am so, so sorry to hear of Willow's passing.

Your loving care kept her happy and healthy for such a long time. You gave her the great gift of final months free of all the poking and prodding. And she blessed you with a gentle passing.

All my best wishes. - Tom

20. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I am very sorry to hear this. Be free, Willow. :bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  21. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Nikki, I am so sorry that it was Willow's time.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  22. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and hugs; it means so much, and Wayne and I are grateful. Thank you for helping us make her as comfortable and happy as we could. And yes, Tom, I am so happy we didn't have to manage her diabetes as well at the end, when she was dealing with other problems, although she was a patient trooper from the beginning :) Our house is so empty; we had ramps, stairs, and beds *everywhere*. And pee pads and litter boxes lol. We love her and miss her. With love, Nikki and Wayne

23. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Nikki and Wayne))). Our very deepest condolences to you both in this heartbreaking loss. May your love for Willow always bring you peace in your heart for all you shared.

Gentle journey, sweet Willow.

Gill & George and nslade001 like this.
  24. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Fly freely and land softly at the bridge sweet Willow. You were loved.:rb_icon:

nslade001 likes this.
  25. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you and your family
    Fly free sweet Willow

nslade001 likes this.
  26. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

:( I'm so sorry for your loss

nslade001 likes this.
  27. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.
    It’s beautiful you had that time together at home though and that time in remission.

I think Noah always says what I wish I could say.

Sometimes it just plain stinks that we have to lose those we love so dearly day in and day out. And the echoes of an empty house.

Your heart will always be fuller for having known her, though. In this way, she will always remain with us all.

nslade001 likes this.
  28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Nikki and Wayne,
    Your beautiful girl is at home in that special place in your hearts that belongs only to her. Willow chose her own time and in so doing gave you a wonderful gift of love. Then she donned her golden wings and flew to the Bridge, where our GAs greeted her and will keep her "in good paws" until that fine day when you will be reunited.

Thinking of you :bighug::bighug::bighug:

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty (GA), and Stu (GA)

nslade001 and Gill & George like this.
  29. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nikki and Wayne, I’m so sorry to hear that Willow is gone. I know the ache and empty house feeling of loosing a sweet baby. I hope it brings you comfort that she went peacefully on her own terms. You gave her so much love and good care. I’m sure she new she was very loved. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  30. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

My heartfelt sorrow for your loss. Sending you serenity and warmth at this time.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  31. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers your way. I am so sorry for your loss.

nslade001 likes this.
  32. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Willow's time to leave you.

nslade001 likes this.
  33. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh, Nikki. I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. What a lucky girl Willow was to have you both in her life. My heart is breaking for you and Wayne. Try to do something nice for yourselves.

nslade001 likes this.
  34. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh Nikki, I am so sorry to hear it was Willow's time to leave you. But it does make me smile through my tears that she decided to go on her own terms, peacefully and with you. My heart aches for the pain you and Wayne are experiencing right now. You took such good care of your girl and it was so obvious the love you had for her. Sending you both hugs and vines of love, comfort, peace. Take care of yourselves and each other during this difficult time. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  35. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Nikki, I am so sorry to hear the sad news of Willow's passing. Nothing will feel the same and sadness will surround you for a while, but Willow had the chance of being part of your family and she shared every moment of her life with you including the last ones. It is heartbreaking to let go someone we love, but we always hope they will be waiting for us on the other side of the rainbow because in this life it is impossible for us to ever forget them. The pain of their absence will never go away, but in time all the sweet memories they created for us will bring a smile through all the tears.
    Rest in peace dear Willow!

nslade001 likes this.
  36. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Nikki and Wayne, I’m so very sorry that you had to say goodbye to your sweet little Willow. RIP beautiful kitty.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.
  37. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

(((((((Nikki)))))))). I’m so sorry ! Fly high and land softly sweet girl. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

nslade001 likes this.