? 04/17/2022 Princess AMPS 6.0. What to do?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Raven786, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Raven786

Raven786 Member

Her nadir was 4.1 but AMPS is lower than usual @ 6.0. I was told her cutoff was 8.3 on a previous thread. 15 mins after AMPS, she is now @ 6.2. What should I do?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look as if she is responding to the antibiotics with lower BGs. That is the lowest preshot BG you have had.
    Are you going to be home today and can monitor closely?
    I would be inclined to go with a smaller dose if you are going to be there to monitor.
    What do you feel comfortable doing?
    Whatever amount you give, the first half of the cycle will be influenced but the depot so you are going to have to monitor the BG. im not going to be around as I’m heading to bed (I live in Australia)

3. Raven786

Raven786 Member

Yes, I will be home all day and can monitor. I feel comfortable doing .75 units. She is @5.9. Should I maybe do two more tests, she will be an hour past her usual shot time?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok. I would go with that then and see how it goes. She hasn’t earned a reduction in dose so you will need to go back to the previous dose providing the BGs are high enough. Now that the antibiotics are lowering the BGs we may need to look at the dose again. Main thing is to keep her safe but ensure she gets enough insulin.
    If you have Ketostix I would also test for ketones seeing you are reducing the dose.
    Remember the first half of the cycle will be influenced by the depot of the previous dose so I would get a + 1 and. +2 to start with and give a small low carb snack when you test.

5. Raven786

Raven786 Member

Yes, I understand.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.