? 05/05 Diamond amps 95 + 3 42 +9 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by krazy4kritters, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-pmps-92-feeding-time-just-got-harder.194972/

Please no lectures about not testing after his +3 42. I grabbed that test just before I had to run out the door with my son for a Tae Kwon do tournament. I feed him a LC snack. In the past a LC snack has always bumped him up. I’ve been working so much I haven’t been able to get many am +2, 3 or 4 which is generally when he earns a reduction.

How should I dose tonight? I did an experiment the other day with water trying to see how much insulin I was actually drawing. What it boils down to, is I got the same amount, a drop, if I pushed plunger all the way tight and released or if I pulled syringe to .1U. That was confusing,wasn’t it?
    I guess, do I give an otj trial or keep giving a drop

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Diamond watch them sharks! Get back to lagoon :)

3. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

Any advice on what I should dose? Should I keep at one drop and schedule a fructosamine test?

4. Bellasmom

I’m gonna say .1, it’s been 12 days on .1, might want to let another weigh in though I’m still kinda new to lantus, I would hate to give wrong advice:D
    • Since 2006 we've encouraged those practicing Tight Regulation to attempt reducing the dose from 0.25u to 0.1u before stopping insulin completely. During a two week OTJ trial, you want to see mostly green numbers (under 100) with only a few random blue numbers between 100 - 120 to help ensure a strong remission. Most kitties will be in the range of a healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL).

5. Bellasmom

I’m so happy for you guys!

krazy4kritters likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

He’s looking so good! :woot: I would try a drop and a little bit of food at +9 to see if you can get those PMPS numbers down a tad before trying OTJ. He’s very close, but it would be nice to see a week of all green so you have a strong remission. :D

krazy4kritters and Bellasmom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.