? 05/07 Eddie AMPS 452

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, May 7, 2024.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Here is yesterday's story:

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...3-4-322-319-still-in-emergency-clinic.289684/

Spoke with vet 4:00 am (yesterday's PM + 8), Eddie BG 17.7 and still good with tube and eating. Spoke with new vet a shift change: Eddie is receiving adequate sub-q and is still eating. She did ultrasound and all is good. He was "grumpy" for the ultrasound which she reads as a healthy sign. Will be checking in with her around 4:00pm, which is AM +7. Will assess re: tube and giving him a little PEG to keep things moving along digestive-wise Eddie has not had Cabergoline for two days. We thought it better to keep medications, etc. as simple as possible. I will have to learn more about pancreatitis.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    Reason for edit: more information
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's great to see that video of Eddie eating. He does look unimpressed with the background noises. :p

Fantastic news that the ultrasound looked good. I think "grumpy" is a good sign too.

I had heard cabergoline should be tapered off, but not sure on the details. Maybe the vet can help with that or let you give him a dose while there?

A Primer On Pancreatitis

4. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Awww, sweet Eddie in the video. Sending prayers and love, (((Jodey))):bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Member

He’s so cute! He seems eager to please, everytime he got a little pet, he would eat a little food. Way to go Eddie!

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Eddie is eating and the ultrasound was good. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

@Wendy&Neko Just a quick comment: I need to get the time of this BG reading but in between this morning and now (it would be +9), Eddie's BG soared to 486!!! it's going back down down now she said but they wanted to increase his insulin from 12u - 18u. I said, no; no more than 2u and even then with caution.

8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Don't let his sweet face fool you. :cat:

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Agreed, he's bouncing from those blues yesterday. If they want to do a little R top up, that might be OK. No more than 1 unit.

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Precisely. Thanks.

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  11. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

Great to see Eddie eating. Thinking of you guys :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Jodey, it's so wonderful seeing Eddie eating on his own in the video.
    Makes me smile :bighug::cat:
    Sending prayers that Eddie continues to do well :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    @Jodey&Eddie&Blue