? 05 -07 Panzer acted weird when & how to change to weruva pate's? PMPS 116/75@+3/69@+4/95@+7/92@+8

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, May 7, 2022.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Panzer had a little weird moment about 5mins after having Cerenia & his insulin shot. He stopped eating & kind of started hopping around the room, he got up on the desk where I keep & prepare there food, then down on the chair & I held his food bowl there in front of him & he finished the 1/3 of food he had left. He has been fine since then but his ears are not wanting to bleed today & I had a hard time yesterday as well. Of course he's not liking it & clawing & biting me & I don't blame him, his poor ears. He's been pretty steadily in the blues, he hasn't hit a green that I know of until tonight since 05-05. I would love to have seen his AMPS cycle #s that day,but I gotta work! When Panzer & Spook were at the vet on April 26th because of Spooks bloodwork results & Panzer's on March 15th the vet wants me to change them to a low protein low phosphorus food. They were both sick & still are, I've tried to not put the Mirataz on Spooks ear & he refuses food so I've continued to put it on once a day. My question is since there both on Cerenia & Panzer's on doxycycline stii...Should I even try to switch up there food yet? I bought 5 3oz cans of weruva pate on Wed but wasn't sure about starting them yet? I still have quite a bit of fancy feast left as well. https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...ion-about-dose-0-5-units.262663/#post-2944353 @Suzanne & Darcy @FrostD @Wendy&Neko @Diane Tyler's Mom

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I don’t think that changing food at the same time as giving an antibiotic is a great idea. Panzer’s GI tract is probably already upset somewhat by the antibiotic. Besides, if they get sick after eating the new food you won’t really know if it’s the food or the medications. Whenever you finally start the new food, just be sure to do it gradually by adding a little on top of their existing food and then increasing the amount of the new food slowly.

3. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s strange how Panzer was acting. When you gave the Cerenia. He may have had a strange feeling in his throat? You don’t think it could have been anything from his shot do you? I am just trying to come up with ideas.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  4. Chrispooky12

It is very strange. I didn't think of it being from the Cerenia but it could have been. The Cerenia was probably about 5mins before his shot & the hopping around occurred while he was eating maybe 3mins after his shot. I was thinking it had more to do with the shot. I don't know why though, I put his food down grabbed the syringe & gave his shot while he was lapping away same as always.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    Reason for edit: Wrong word
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

I wonder if he got something in his food that he didn’t like? My cats used to freak cats out when they encountered a little piece of carrot in their food - or some other veg.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Chrispooky12

True & may not make them sick right now because they are both taking Cerenia daily. I'm assuming it's keeping them both from puking now. I will wait to introduce it though. Panzer goes to the vet on Tuesday & he has been having more discharge in now both eyes instead of the one he normally does & it looks like his outer mouth is a little swollen.

7. Chrispooky12

Could have or maybe he got something stuck on one of his 2 teeth, or maybe due to his mouth boo boo or whatever it is that just appeared last night.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s just one thing after another. A swollen lip?

9. Chrispooky12

I know my poor boy, it looks swollen. Hopefully the vet can look at it. Panzer is a hisser,growler biter, & scratcher at the vet!

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Boy oh boy if it's not one thing it's another , poor Panzer , I feel so dam bad for him.
    When will this end . I hope on Tuesday the vet can find out why discharge is in both eyes now and about his lip.
    Keep us updated Christina :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  12. Chrispooky12

I know my poor boy has been through the ringer! I will for sure:bighug:

13. Chrispooky12

Updates on my spreadsheet in the comments. Panzer goes to the vet tomorrow, will make a new condo tomorrow with results from the vet.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

Isn’t Panzer going to the vet today? Later?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Chrispooky12

Yes we are here now

16. Chrispooky12

He's getting ready to have an xray to see if he has kidney stones. They don't have ultrasound here, good to know for the future.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

What did they say? I can’t see a new thread. Did I miss it ?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  18. Chrispooky12

I just posted it & tagged you