05/09 Milo AMPS 88/+3.25 41/+3.75 67/+4.75 59/+5.75 97/PMPS 135

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

We seem to be off to a good start today. Both cats seem to be doing ok. Each morning I wake up wondering what they might in store for me, health-wise. I'm not sure where to post about Singha because he never was on Lantus or Levemir. Shall I follow-up on the Main forum as I posted there the other day about him, I would imagine? Add a link here if people want to follow?
    One question: Do many people here have more than one diabetic cat (at the same time!)? These brothers are lovely but they have a ton of health problems. I updated my signature because I forgot to mention that Singha is completely blind (I tend to forget because we naturally have accomodated his blindness.) Milo appears to have gone deaf (or mostly deaf) after an aggressive round of antibiotics to save his life. They certainly are pretty little guys with super personalities but totally high maintenance!!
    Have a great day everyone!

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...alled-amps-77-angling-for-a-reduction.234616/

Link to Singha's update if anyone is interested....

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-09-singha-update.234676/

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on Singha :) Hope the day is going well!

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, some people have had more than one diabetic cat but none I recall on different insulins.
    Yes, post about Singha in the Health Forum. More vetsulin eyes will see it there.
    You can post links to Milo's and Singha's threads so people can check something if needed.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Milo came back up for you. I hope he keeps surfing safely. You are a great person to take care of two special kitties.

On Milo's SS I just noticed the red bar that says you are using the AT meter still shows up. Maybe you can hide that row so it doesn't confuse people about which meter you are using. Milo earned a reduction to 2.75 units.

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I screwed up...I didn't get a chance to test until +3 and Milo had dropped to 41. He had some H/C and M/C over the past couple of hours and he's back up a bit to 59. I will be home until after +6 to monitor...

Update: I just got home. I couldn't post this earlier because of problems with the server. I screwed up AGAIN and didn't think about the reduction so I gave him 3u. I will check on him tonight to make sure he doesn't go too low. Tomorrow morning I'll do the reduced amount. Singha has held down all of his food and wants more. He's happy, chipper, social now. I'm thinking less pancreatitis causing the problems and more the dental problems since his change for the better seems completely linked to the start of antibiotics . Hopefully his BG will come down after his dental surgery! It would be great to have him in remission and just have one diabetic! Then Milo would follow his brother's lead on remission (fingers crossed!)

Have a good night everyone!

6. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I would LOVE to hide that row. It makes me crazy! How do I do it without wiping out that history completely??

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you right click on the left most column of a row (where the row number is), it should bring up a menu that allows you to hide the row. Undo works if you mess up!

Tomorrow Milo needs less insulin. :D

I remember one caregiver with one cat on 6 units, and the other on 0.25 units. She needed to be very methodical in how she gave insulin!

8. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I guess so; it must have been tricky with two cats with such different doses! I actually contacted the group studying genetics and feline diabetes. I don't know if they might be interested in littermates, both being diagnosed with diabetes. Maybe it's not that rare but thought it was worth a shot asking...

Thanks for the tips on hiding the rows...

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not that uncommon to see litter mates here on insulin, though not always at the same time.

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.