? 05/12 Kitty PMPS 137 +2 76 +3 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Corey & Kitty, May 12, 2022.

1. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm confused. Your signature and spreadsheet indicate you're reducing if numbers are below 70. It doesn't look like Kitty's numbers were less than 70. Was there a reason you reduced the dose?

3. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

She was 68 at +3 last night.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sorry - my eyes are getting old.

Corey & Kitty likes this.
  5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

She's on a mission!

Corey & Kitty and carlascalico like this.
  6. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

She dropped to 67 last night, but it was only the 2nd cycle after a reduction. I've been told before that back to back reductions often fail but is it considered back to back if its been 2 cycles? Should I still reduce this morning?

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

This is still the 1.5U depot at play. The depot takes 4-6 cycles to adjust which is why back to back reductions could fail.
    However with SLGS every drop below the reduction point is a reduction - there is no concept of back-to-back reduction - that is only with TR (that you do not take back-to-back reductions)

8. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

If I were to switch to TR, what would the roadmap look like from this point on? I'm really not familiar with TR, I can try to read up on it later this evening. Do you think its safe for me to follow TR, being that a lot of days I can't check her BG until +3.25?

9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You could continue to do what you are doing but your reduction point would be lower at 50. You are testing enough for TR. You could take the reduction and if it does not hold, you could consider TR.

10. Corey & Kitty

Corey & Kitty Member

Okay, I took the reduction for now. I just don't like that since I've taken several reductions she seems to be having some higher preshot numbers in the mid-100s, I'd like them to be lower 100s.