? 05/13 Mikey AMPS 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn Lien, May 13, 2022.

1. Dawn Lien

Dawn Lien New Member

Mikey is wabbley. Stumbling around sniffing everything. He ate. Was unstable in the litter box.

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Dawn Lien

Dawn Lien New Member

104 was at 6am this morning. I just tested him at 7am, he is at 139 after eating. My husband said he looked strange, he was walking around our kitchen island like he was blind. I found him hiding, wedged in behind a couch.

He's on 4 units of Lantus since May 4th.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Like I said, it's possible that 4U is too high a dose for him. It's hard to say how low the dose is taking him without any midcycle tests.
    Is he still getting dry food? If he has been fully transitioned to low carb wet food, his insulin needs could be much lower.

You want to get mid-cycle tests but failing that you might want to look at a lower dose to keep him safe.
    Do you use syringes or a pen to give insulin? With syringes you can give doses that are fractions of a unit for e.g 3.5U. With a pen, you can only dose whole units.

5. Dawn Lien

Dawn Lien New Member

I use syringes. I have a vet appointment for him today.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Your last curve was done on a bounce. I suspect he’s getting too much insulin. I agree that you need mid cycle tests and at least some of them at night.