05/14 Sly, AMPS 173, +2 119, +5 120, PMPS 458

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Sylvester, May 14, 2023.

1. Deb and Sylvester

Deb and Sylvester Well-Known Member

2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Super happy Mothers Day, Deb!
    Nice blue start :cool::cool::cool:

Deb and Sylvester likes this.
  3. Deb and Sylvester

Last night DH was able to weigh Sly after weighing himself. We did it twice, and it appears that Sly has likely gained about 9 ounces since his last weigh in.

It probably has to do with extra snacks during bounce clears and all the lows he was achieving on past doses. This is a Catch 22, and I'm not sure how to regulate him and his weight.

Either way, his numbers are definitely still not as good as they were on the higher doses anymore. I think tomorrow morning we are going to increase to 4.75 and see if that gives him an extra push. I can try to spread out what wet he eats during the day, and possibly just use MC and HC to hold him, instead of LC.

Just frustrated! :confused:

Mikanmama likes this.
  4. Mikanmama

Totally!
    There are so many weird feedback loops in the system that confuse the heck out of me o_O
    I've been trying to keep her from diving too fast by feeding at +3 range, but at what level of carbs? How much would 13% vs 15% vs 9% make a difference? I don't want to see a steep spike either. Trials and errors, although mostly feels like errors.

Good luck with the increase. Sounds like a good plan, Deb! We've got to keep trying. That is the only way to find the right way :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  5. babyg

babyg Well-Known Member

I struggle with the concept of managing the weight and diabetes too. But a vet once told me if they gain and/or maintain weight, that means they're regulating, so I personally look at it as a good sign, even if the fluff balls don't really need to be any fluffier. :p
    Have a happy mother's day!

6. Deb and Sylvester

Thanks RJ! And @Mikanmama !

That's what my Vet said in so many words. She even thought possibly feeding higher carb with the higher dose(s) may level him out.

He's already going back up, and never hit green, so I think an increase is in order.

Just glad he's level, and I can go to my Mom's without wondering what he's doing!! :bighug:

Mikanmama likes this.
  7. Deb and Sylvester

Wow, that's a crazy spike from earlier today. I was going to increase tonight, and he's going to bounce, but I'd rather wait for tomorrow.

He generally doesn't show any results on an increase for a few cycles, and I have a new hot water heater being installed tomorrow..:confused:

Mikanmama likes this.
  8. Mikanmama

Good luck with the increase and hot water heater (life's "must" thing!). :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Deb good luck with the increase tomorrow morning :bighug::cat: