05/16 Nestle AMPS 104 PMPS 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Karolina KJ & Nestle, May 16, 2024.

1. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning
    Today is day 2 on new dose. Higher AMPS but Nestle and Peanut didn't get their 2 overnight meals cause Michelle (pet sitter), screwed up with the auto feeder and loaded the wrong compartments. Wondering if that could have something to do with his AMPS? Although I'm thinking he should have been lower if he wasn't eating for 12 hrs :confused::(
    Any insight on that @Bandit's Mom @Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee

Thay did get double meal with his shot this AM and will get their dinner at regular time. I should be back home in time for his PMPS.
    :cat::bighug::cat::bighug:

Yesterday
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/05-15-nestle-amps-79-pmps-76.290027/

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Hi Karolina,
    Sorry to hear that there was a mishap with the autofeeder.
    Maybe the lack of food led to the overcompensation by his liver to produce extra glucose?
    Worth looking to see how he does in the next few days!
    Hope you are having a good day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  3. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Some of those feeders can be tricky. It took me a few days to get used to ours, then I had to teach hubby. Perhaps marking which ones to fill and the proper position of the tray on the carousel before putting on the lid would help avoid that in the future.

I'll bet Nestle was thrilled with extra yummies this morning! :woot:

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That amps is within meter variance as 20% would bring it dues to 73. A lot depends on the cat with eating and effect on BG. Max needed to stop eating at nadir as he was very carb sensitive and that helped with duration. Some cats need to eat later in the cycle.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

104 is close enough to green, especially after a new dose, that I wouldn't worry about it. Some cats need a couple days at a new dose to really work it.

6. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Karolina, sorry about the mishap. These feeders do take some getting used to. There is a learning curve.

I have two that I use every day and one is marked a.m. one is marked p.m. because my brain is mush and I would surely mix them up if they weren’t marked.

I have to look at each one every day to make sure I’m putting the right one down.

I’m sure the boys will be fine and they’ll be thrilled to see you tonight. :)
    Sending lots of hugs to you and the boys for your sweet reunion.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Karolina , Good luck with the reduction :cat:
    You and the boys have a nice night :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat: