05/26/2020 Mowgli AMPS 151 +4 97 +8 101 PMPS 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, May 26, 2020.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

05/25/2020

We had Mowgli's appointment, the vet thinks that now his top right K9 is reabsorbing and suspect he needs to have it removed. I am sickened by it as I JUST paid for anesthesia, bloodwork, XRAYs and a cleaning 5 months ago and I definitely didn't expect to have a dental expense so soon after that. I am trying antibiotics for a couple weeks first to see if the swelling goes down in case he just has an infection, but when I look up neck lesions that are a result of tooth reabsorption it looks a lot like what he has. If he has to get another extraction he has to.

In other news... Mowgli jumped about 5 feet last night to the top of our fence... I could NOT believe it!! One of the hardest things I struggled with when Mowgli came out to live with me is just how hard of a time he had balancing and jumping, he was so unstable so it is just so great seeing how much progress he has made :D. The vet said she was really impressed with how I was managing his diabetes and that she believes that he is heading toward remission... I hope she is right but I have been about 1.5 years into this game now and know not to get my hopes up too high. I hope she is right. She also said that other than the tooth he looks really healthy.

Ugh, another dental huh?

2. AmandaE

Thanks Sonia, it looks like another dental may be in Mowgli's future... hopefully the antibiotics will clear the swelling up but I am preparing the ol' wallet for an extravagant expense just in case... it wouldn't be 2020 without one more thing :p My friend posted that 2020 is the year that the "@r$e fell right out've 'er" I had to laugh because its just so true.

Cant wait to see how the little garden grows in, I read about your hostas, what a lot of work... I have 3 hostas in their 2nd year... babies I hope all 3 come up again, right now i see signs of 2 of them coming back :) You should post a pic of that row :D

Sue, you're SO RIGHT it is ALWAYS something isn't it !? especially in 2020. I have been thinking of you quite a bit during COVID since I think that the IT world is really being maxed right now, I hope you're taking care of yourself and that you aren't being stretched too thin.

Are your dhalias up yet this year? I planted mine but we got unexpected snow so I'm not sure if they will come up this year... my fingers are crossed :). Our neighbours gave us a peony bush they didn't want too so I am REALLY looking forward to that coming up... I already see the shoots!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Mowgli may need another dental, but at least it's something that can be taken care of. Great he is moving better.

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Amanda, great to hear from you. What a wonderful report on Mowgli - well, other than needing another dental. :rolleyes:

2020 is definitely one of those years. I was on the ferry taking some PPE over to my parents (long story, elderly father broke his leg but was going home after a hospital stay), anyway, the car wouldn't start. I got to go the island and back two times before the tow truck met me at the ferry terminal and towed me to the repair place. It was the starter motor, they replaced it for free because it was recently replaced. Then they discovered by brakes were bad. :mad: This is the year we can't get a break.

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  5. AmandaE

Ugh! It’s a year where I’m totally terrified to say... well, it could be worse :smuggrin::facepalm:

I’m sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he heals quickly! I think quarantine has been extra hard on the more senior members of society, your parents are so lucky to have you... even if your car has to break down in the process of a PPE delivery ;) 2020... a perfect example of ‘when it rains it pours’ :rolleyes::smuggrin:

thanks for saying Mowg looks good, now that he’s well regulated it’s just amazing how much progress he’s been making, I think it’s helped that we’ve been letting him in our back yard a lot lately too.

Thanks Carla, it’s so true, I just have to focus on the fact that even if Mowgli needs dental, at least it’s a solution: I definitely don’t want his gums to get worse or for him to get a severe infection. He’s made so much progress I don’t want to put his health at risk!

Sonia & Leo likes this.