05/29 Butters AMPS 103/+3 81/+5 83/PMPS 112/+3 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, May 29, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Last Post

Today is a good day for Butters. This afternoon, she trotted around the house a little bit and then hung out by the glass door to the backyard. It is her favourite spot to both sun herself and monitor bird activity. She is loving the cooler weather that we are getting here.

Big hockey game tonight! Go Leafs! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Surf safely, kitties:cat:

2. Butters & Lyla

Hi Sue, yes I have lots of gabapentin here. It was the Internal Medicine vet who prescribed it for her, but it was for pain from pancreatitis, not for seizures. She hasn't had seizures frequently enough to warrant medication <anti-jinx>. Right now I'm trying to get a dental sorted out for her. The face issues I mentioned are related to something bothering her in her mouth. I've been giving her bupe for pain.

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Question for you, Lyla: when do you decide when to give Butters gaba versus bupe? I’m leaning into the idea more and more that Ruby’s got some pancreatitis going on, and wondered how you used the two. I see you mostly use bupe, but gaba early on in the flare.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Butters is looking good, Lyla. Thank you for your support with Susie today. I know I have been a disappointment to people on this site that want me to switch to TR. I'm just not ready to do that. Today was exhausting and Susie's drop early this morning, and her failure to really come up much in the afternoon, just confirms to me that I would not be comfortable with TR - yet.

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Lyla, I so happy to hear that today was a good day for Butters and she's enjoying
    the cooler weather. Keep trotting Butters we love to hear that.
    I hope you and Butters have a good night ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Sounds like the perfect day for Butters :bighug:!

Just ordered the pizza and pouring some drinks to prepare for the game.....Leafs are going to wrap this up to tonight!!!! Sending winning vibes their way!!

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Butters is having a good day. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m glD she had a good day. Enjoy the game.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  9. Butters & Lyla

fwiw, I don't think you are disappointing people on the board.:bighug: You do what you need to do to feel comfortable. From my vantage point as an observer, you are becoming more comfortable with the lower numbers and I bet that will continue. This is wonderful because it is healthier for Susie. Gosh, I remember when you were posting on everyone's condo talking about how scary greens were.:D And you don't do that anymore. You even lowered your reduction point to 55! So you are slowly getting more comfortable. And I totally get why you are exhausted. It takes a lot of energy managing a drop when you aren't used to them yet. Eventually it will become second nature and hopefully Susie will flatten out once she gets used to the lower numbers. maybe she will have cycles that look like Butters's. I only feed her LC now at around the same times daily. She stays pretty darn flat now but boy did she used to bounce a lot.

Take it one day at a time and keep asking for help and ask as many questions as you need.

Kathy and tiger, tiffmaxee and Tomlin like this.
  10. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So happy to hear Butters had a good day - a check for playing perhaps? (you know for interacting with another species via the window ;))

After a way too long discussion in my house about "leafs" vs "leaves", I now know the origin of the Maple Leafs :joyful: (and go C-A-P-S!)

Have a good night, Lyla :bighug:

tiffmaxee and Butters & Lyla like this.
  11. Butters & Lyla

Such a simple question...and yet...I'm about to give some convoluted answer:p. I apologize in advance. My preference would be to consistently stick with bupe throughout and give the dose q8, but I don't think bupe always does the job. 25mg of gabapentin I know for certain will consistently knock Butters right out. If I think she is very uncomfortable, I will give that to her and she becomes totally relaxed (and falls into a deep slumber). I have permission from her vet that I can use a combo of both if needed. I think I mostly just decide what to use based on her behaviour.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

Why not...I'm feeling generous.:smuggrin:
    This made me laugh. It is a very common discussion and yet a very disappointing reason once you learn why, in my experience of explaining this to people. :joyful: I hope you weren't too disappointed.
    Sorry about the caps. At least you have a Stanley Cup win in very recent history. I didn't even exist yet when the Leafs last won. :arghh:
    Fingers and paws crossed that they beat the Habs tonight. I don't think I can handle another year of watching them choke in the playoffs.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    JOJI and Kit likes this.
  13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

YEA!! for a GOOD day:cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Butters & Lyla

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and wishes for Butters. I very much appreciate them. It has been a good day for her <anti-jinx>

It was curry and adult beverages over here. :joyful:
    They need all of the winning vibes they can get! I hope you're right. I hate getting my hopes up time and again only to get them completely crushed. This seems to be my lot in life as a Leafs fan. No score going into the 3rd period. I am psyching myself up to stay positive!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Go Leafs!

16. Butters & Lyla

They're choking!!!:banghead::banghead: I can't believe it. They have to make up two goals to tie things up.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I'm so happy to hear about Butters having a good day! That sounds so encouraging. I hope tomorrow is another one!

18. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

It was actually very clear, thank you! I'm a bit leery of gaba right now since I made Ruby stumble around last time because I gave her too much but I can imagine scenarios when I'd want to give it to her over the bupe.

Sorry about the game tonight. Onto Game 7! :bighug:

19. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hooray for play, butters!
    sorry for the leafs’ loss last night.