05-31 Raven AMPS 136 PMPS 85 +1 57 +2 53

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SophieFRA, May 31, 2023.

1. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Hi all, apparently I’ve been a royal mess these last days due to deadline stress at work and committed a number of missteps. First, I apparently simply forgot to give Raven his shot yesterday morning before I left for work bright and early. I thought I was on top of everything. Gave him his breakfast and prepped his feeder for the day and in between apparently just forgot to administer the shot. I didn’t realize until I got home and his PMPS was 200. Then it dawned on me. This is the first time I’ve ever missed a shot and for no good reason other than being distracted. But it is what it is.

Today, the streak of distraction continued. I came home after work to find Raven back in his normal range for PMPS (~80) and then went to replace his timed feeder and realized none of his 4 meals had been touched. Turns out I accidentally had loaded the nighttime feeder. I have two - one preprogrammed for day and one for night clearly labelled — but apparently morning I went for the wrong one anyway. Poor Raven is doing well in spite of it all. He’s a tough cookie!!

Well I submitted my project tonight so hopefully it will get better from here. Going on vacation on Saturday and our cat sitter will be staying at our apartment for a full week. She is amazing so I’m not worried. Can only do better than I have. ‍

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-28-raven-dose-reduction-pmps-49-yesterday.278003/

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Mikanmama likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He has recovered pretty well from a skipped shot! Looks like you badly need that vacation! :bighug: It's great that you have a sitter who can stay at your apartment when you're away. It really eases the mind.

Btw, what are the numbers in the PM cycle for 6/1?

3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

4. SophieFRA

SophieFRA Member

Thank you for your response. Yes my cat sitter is a blessing. I love her! Oh dear - those are the numbers for 5/31. I’ve been editing the spreadsheet on my phone and missed the line. I was trying to backfill/fix some of the data yesterday because it looked like I had missed a day but looks like I “fixed it” in the wrong direction. Will compare again with the saved numbers in my reader.

Bandit's Mom likes this.