? 06/03 Blue (AM No shot 101), BLUE IS HOME!!! PMPS 214 +8 160

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

here's yesterday: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/06-02-blue-amps-160-update-pmps-146.278183/

I'm so excited! Blue is HOME!! As I said, I spoke with the vet nurse this morning (5:00am) and Blue had yet to poop. I then agreed with the clinic that he might well feel more comfortable to use the kitty box if he was at home. I called them back @ 9:00am to tell them I decided to bring him home instead of just visiting him there in the clinic. They weren't available at the time but while I was in the car to go and get some cat food for Eddie and the crew, the phone rang and it was the vet who announced "He has pooped!!!" And we were kind of shouting in celebration about that. She said though that he hadn't pooped out everything so to be prepared for that to happen at home. She also said that around the same time they noticed the NG tube had broken so they removed it.

I picked Eddie's food and cat grass and some kale salad (for me :)) and drove to the clinic for Blue. When he was brought to me in the examination room, the vet nurse said "You'll be glad to know that after you got off the phone he pooped enough for 3 large cats!" She said they were all shouting happily in the clinic when that happened.

I don't know about y'all but somehow I think something "cosmic" happened (call it magical thinking if you like). When I decided earlier that instead of leaving Blue in the clinic and visiting him, I would bring him home, I felt as if a tension had dissolved, as if I had just surrendered the hyper-focussed position of having him in the clinic because I was fearful I couldn't care for him like they could. I thought, "Maybe I'm wrong" and "maybe it would be a good idea for him to be at home". So, the "cosmic" part of this is that he appears to have pooped (time-wise) around the same time I decided he was coming home. I had even phone the vet but they couldn't talk to me as they were doing rounds. And, the broken NG line??

So, here we are. I let Blue out of the carrier. He immediately peed in the box and then walked (a little clunkily) into the kitchen and I offered him a little food. He ended up eating a bowl of food. He's now on one of his favourite stairs in the back (it gets sun) and is sleeping like a boss.

They didn't give him insulin after they took his BG this morning: 101. So, we'll see what tonight brings (does anyone know why it costs $18.91 for them to take a BG reading in the clinic. :rolleyes:)

Phew. I think I'll take a nap.

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your support. :cat:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Prices fir things are crazy high. I just paid $88 for fluids to be administered and 10 ondansetron.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Hi Jodey well all I have to say is Happy Dance For Pooping :p

This made my day hearing Blue had a giant size poop lol
    He must feel so much better. Glad he's enjoying his sun bath and had a nice bowl of food
    At least you can rest now :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Jodey&Eddie&Blue
    I just had to put this :p I know I'm a sick person lol
    [​IMG]

Tiger(GA) and Ruth likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Happy day! Enjoy your Caturday Jodey. :bighug::bighug:

6. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

LOL!!! That's pretty much it!!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thanks, Wendy!!!!

8. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thanks, Diane!! That is the best dance ever!!!!

9. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Go Blue!! (pun intended, lol)

I often smile at the thought of what our reaction would have been if we could tell our 18-year-old selves the sheer joy we’d experience when (drumroll)… THE CAT POOPED. :confused:

I’m so glad Blue is home and clearly feeling better. One more drama notch on your belt of life. Here’s hoping for clear sailing for awhile.

10. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

So, so true!!

11. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Blue at home on his favourite ratty little rug. I've put a scarf around him for good measure. He's pooped (no pun intended). They said he would be exhausted but he's peed twice and had a bowl of food.
    upload_2023-6-3_13-56-1.jpeg

12. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Yay! Go Blue, best news!! Hugs to Sweet Blue and you, too. You must be so relieved! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

I am probably as relieved as is Blue!!! But you're so right: BEST NEWS!. Right now, he's on that little rug and grooming, which is such a good sign.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and Blue! :):):):):):):)

15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So pleased to see this update!

16. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

BTW, I now have 11 syringes of Buphrenorphine left over since they all said don't give him any more heavy sedative.
    a) how long does it last?
    b) is anyone nearby that could benefit from having? I live in the Okanagan, BC.

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Aww he's has to be exhausted after this ordeal, but he's home now snug s a bug in a rug ,give him a big kiss for me .I hope you all get a good nights sleep tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

NO you are not sick, I was looking for the same emoji, too bad this one doesn't do the happy poop dance as well LOL! :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

19. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Oh Jodey, I am so sorry for all your poor baby Blue has gone through, and you as well! How agonizing to watch helplessly while our furbabies are suffering. So very happy to hear he has pooped(enough for 3 cats at that LOL!!!) :joyful::joyful::joyful: FWIW, my DH was hospitalized for a bowel obstruction years ago and it sounded very like what you described with Blue, the nasalgastric tube with PEG, etc. It is a very scary thing to happen, I know :eek::eek::eek::eek: but I am glad you were able to get him to the ER vet promptly and get him treated. That's not easy to get into the ER Vets down here where I live, the wait times are horrenderous. Enjoy your nap, cuddle with your boys and take a deep breath, you survived! I'll keep reading to see what the MRI was for later. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

We totally will. zzzzzzzz. :bighug::bighug:Thank you! :cat::)

21. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

So glad Blue is home and feeling better! Yay for poop!! :cat:

22. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you, Carla!!!!

23. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you, Carole!!! Good night!!!!

Carole & Indigo likes this.
  24. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

So, because of all the wonkiness this entire week, I kept Blue's dose @ 3.5u which is what he was getting on and off during the week...We'll see what happens.

Again, thank you all you wonderful people. Your support meant so much to help get through this!! Goodnight!!

25. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As far as the buprenorphine, it doesn't last that long. Try seeing if you can find a cat rescue in Kelowna that could use it. It's pricey and I'm sure someone would appreciate it. The Okanagan Humane Society assists low income families and might know someone who could use it. If not them, try the SPCA. I found a rescue specializing in senior animals that were happy to get many of Neko's meds.

26. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Thank you, Carole!!