06/13-Dolly-AMPS 173 -155@2 -112@3 -109@4.5 -119@6 -152@10 -PMPS 181 -141@2 -147@3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Jun 13, 2021.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  2. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Butters yesterday:bighug:. I hope Dolly is feeling good today, Adrienne.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Lyla. I wish Dolly was feeling good. Walking is worse. Getting X-rays ASAP at the other vet I was taking her too. Looking for new vet. I am overwhelmed and scared. She is mad at me a lot, getting the back to me :facepalm:. Probably picking up on my anxiety. I don’t want to keep giving her Buprenex but it helps. None so far today. Hope you get the appointments this week. Hope Butters is okay with her itchy ears, hope the meds helped. Hoping you and Butters have a good day. Sending our loving prayers for hope and healing :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Adrienne my heart breaks to hear Dolly is in so much pain.
    I hope the x-rays show something ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Healing hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Oh dear!!! If you go onto the Holistapet Web site see if their chat is available to ask that question?? I will google it and see if there is anything:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Pamela & Amethyst

All I could find is warm water to rinse it off I DO NOT think alcohol or Peroxide is a good idea:bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I did and my WiFi suddenly went out. I actually called them. Her numbers are not right but thank goodness not too bad. Worry about her being low if anything. Thank you.

11. Pamela & Amethyst

Another site you can try is Green Wellness Life 888-772-7875 they always answer or atleast get back to you fairly quickly:)

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

If it were me, I would use a little mild soap and water (Unscented soap) to clean it off.

13. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I already cleaned them with ivory soap and water.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you.

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

They are closed but thank you. I did google but no luck so far.

16. Suzanne & Darcy

You did just the right thing. Sorry I was so late to the game!! Love you, Adrienne.

17. Suzanne & Darcy

I would not feel badly about the Bupe. If she needs it then she needs it. Be glad that you have a vet who will prescribe it for her. Bupe is safe used long-term in cats. I do hope you can get answers. I would be afraid too. I understand. Tell me about her walking problems. What do they look like? How does she walk? It is not a plantigrade stance, I assume (like with diabetic neuropathy?) because I am sure that you are very familiar with that. Is it that she is weak or wobbly?

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Suzanne. I know her numbers are not reading right. I am so angry with myself, knee jerk to make her feel better. Vet problems. Her vet for 8 years is the one who said I was to take her off insulin immediately. I was playing with fire with her low numbers. If she runs 300 for a few days that’s not a problem. :arghh: I can’t go back there so I sent a message to her other vet. Will hear tomorrow. She is in pain. Love you back Suzanne.

19. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0o9FAaufdXwa6rPUJoTcBWt9w#Valencia_Northbridge

This is Dolly on a not so bad day. She walks like a snail with a slight limp. Hope you can open it. It’s safe. She favors her right hip. I’ve put stair where she goes the most, our bed and her perch.

20. Suzanne & Darcy

So you burned your bridge with the other vet (of 8 years)?

21. Suzanne & Darcy

And I am so sorry that Dolly has been in so much pain. I would not worry too much about fasting her before AMPS and PMPS. I don't think it's that important at this point. You have lots of data on Dolly and you know how she does with insulin. You are not going to endanger her. I also don't get your vet telling you to take her off insulin? Was this recent? She hasn't even had a lime green recently. What is wrong with that vet?

22. Suzanne & Darcy

That's not bad at all (in the video). She looks like an older cat who is stiff. I am sure on a bad day it is not so good. I would worry, too. I had an older cat who really walked badly. We never could figure out exactly why. She weaved around and sometimes she would just "lose it" in her back end and kind of fall down. It was very hard to watch. I see you've been sleeping on the couch to be near Dolly. I can totally relate to that. I won't leave Mr. Darcy alone. I sleep with him all the time. I keep watch over him just about 24/7.

23. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

It was on last Monday. I decided to try her old Cats only vet again. She said Dolly was in danger due to her low numbers. I let her see the SS, big mistake. I reminded her that I use a human meter. Obviously she could see how close I monitor her. It was an order, not a suggestion. She wanted me to call in her new numbers without insulin. She did a Fructosamine, can't remember how to spell it. Dolly was near perfect at 377 for a tightly regulated cat on insulin. She also gave me Meloxicam for the arthritis, I had to sign a waver, not approved for cats in the US. Even though she has good kidney values, it's a dangerous drug even for humans. Some people on the forum have used it. She also said her congestion was better than ever. My husband that has serious hearing problems could hear her snorting and mucous (y) across the room. Going there for 8 years, since we adopted her. Due to Covid I tried a new vet that you could go in with your pet. I liked him but it seemed to be mostly dogs there. Sorry if I sound crazy, I feel like I am. I am not worried about the CBD, I am worried that I don't think I am getting real BG numbers. I have to poke several times before I can get blood that isn't diluted. Hope Darcy is okay today, numbers up. You know I care and worry about him. I haven't been checking on anything today but Dolly.
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/0R97RxUtBRJ1edH6vBE_1im_Q#Valencia_Northbridge
    Different video

24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko got buprenorphine for close the three years, twice a day. It was a game changer for her and her arthritis. I have no regrets giving it to her. Acupuncture also helped her pain.

25. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

But do you know how I can get the oil off her ears? I tried ivory soap and water, helped but only a little. Her blood is diluted, takes several pokes to get undiluted blood and I have to act fast. Odd numbers today for Dolly. Thanks Wendy.

26. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I didn't get the tag, Adrienne. I'm not sure how to clean the oil off of Dolly's ears. Rather than keep scrubbing them, I'd prob try to put a tiny bit of vaseline on the ear and then poke and see if that helps form a blood drop.

If the bupe is working for Dolly, I wouldn't worry about trying to get her off of it, personally. I think it's wonderful that you've found something that helps her.
    Sending you hugs and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks Lyla. I’ve been so caught up in this madness. I don’t feel her numbers look right but maybe from the CBD oil. It’s supposed to be so safe. I did research. IDK. :banghead::banghead: I don’t know how you and Butters are doing. If her ears are getting better. Hope tomorrow an appointment materializes. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Gentle dish soap?

29. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you have to test what about using the paw pad? I never did that myself but I know some do. Maybe the cbd will wear off soon. Try soap again maybe?

30. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks. No paw pads with this girl. I will try the soap again. It’s gentle ivory liquid soap. These are just not normal numbers for her.

31. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thanks. I used Ivory liquid. Will try again.

32. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

So sorry you're having this problem with the CBD and Dolly's ears, dear Adrienne! Wish I had a good idea for you. :( Hugs. :bighug:

33. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I hope it wears off soon.

34. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Wendy, how much Bupe did your cat get each dose?

35. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you all as usual for being the best friends I could ask for. I don’t know what’s up with Dolly’s numbers, I pray she doesn’t go past blue. She had great numbers yesterday. Inflammation, pain, CBD oil? Thank you for your caring support, I hope I can give you all the same one day. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: