06/15/2021 Salem’s first road trip

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Good Evening

Salem’s going on hrs first road trip . I need suggestions to make him
    Comfortable . I understand gabepentine makes them calm
    Before a veterinary trip . Has anyone had experience with this ? I have gabapentin but I’m Scared to use it ? My neive got married at the courthouse but her mother had made plans to have her get married in the mountains so we are going to see her get married on her one year anniversary . I’m taking Salem snd need help with this road trip . He’s insulin has increased up to 8.5 twice a day but we are slowly going back down . I’m still trying to get hrs test results in the spreadsheet . I know I been a bad cat Mommie it’s just so hard to juggle everything and have a new grandbaby too . I know I haven’t been on here in awhile too I apologize for that too . It’s just so hard with sick parents too . Salems still being cared for I just don’t have time to
    Post like I use to everyday . I’m so sorry . God Bless everyone . A d I been sick too . I was close to having a heart attack I had to get myself straight too . I have quit smoking again . I did before but started back up when we lost so many family members this last few years . It’s been two uncles weeks lose just in this week . Sad ..

Salem’s been back in the greens the last few weeks slowly he’s insulin is being reduced again . He has been such a big challenge the last year .we did so good last year until all this trouble we ran into with so much going on with Covid 19 and all that’s happen with a new grandbaby and my parents health issues now mine too . I have quit smoking for one month now ! What a challenge . I hope I stay quit this time for good . I do not drink so it’s my bad habit smoking . It’s a bad addiction for me . It’s been my addiction for a long time but choosing to
    Live I had to quit… my blood pressure was making me sick. I had too many headaches from it . Finally my doctor said your close to a heart attack Tina . So I said I need help Chantix has always helped me before to quit for 6 years .

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hello, so good to hear from you. Congrats on grandbaby. You must post photos, although you have to drag them in now as the upload button hasn't worked in a long time.

Congrats on the not smoking. I can't get past 3 weeks. I forgot about Chantix. I will have to ask about it.

How far is your road trip and for how long?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Salem is giving you some greens. I've head Rescue Remedy for pets helps calm them. If you buy it, make sure it's for pets. There is one for humans too. I hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry about your losses recently. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the quitting smoking - especially after the bad year you have had. It is also my "bad habit". I think I have heard that you can use Diazepam (https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/diazepam) to help a cat relax but, please, talk with your vet about this as I don't know how much. I think I would want to go with something more natural. There are also CBD treats (https://www.greatpetcare.com/cat-supplements/best-cat-cbd/) that are used for calming but they must be made for cats and you give based on kitty's weight. I use them for my dogs and I think they help a little.

Salem's numbers look good. I'm sorry about your losses this year and your health and the health of your folks. I hope you find something to help Salem with the travel and I also hope you relax and can enjoy yourself. Sounds like you need a break, Tina.