06/25 Misty PMPS 50 +3 41 AMPS 72 Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rowena, Jun 25, 2022.

1. rowena

rowena Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PzdeyqNzbf0UvnpjnWveEGjYFsCbCO-gnSUXTBz5ACU/edit

Hi again
    Misty went very low last night, but at 1am and 3am she would not let me test her. I made sure she ate a lot and gave her some gravy. Thankfully she let me do a preshot test.
    I don’t know what to do if she won’t let me do a preshot test. Give her half dose maybe?
    I reduced her dose to 3.25u this morning. It’s not PM shot time yet. I expect she may have bounced up.
    Thanks

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think if she is not going to let you test her often, SLGS is probably the better choice for you. Right now her numbers are trending too low and there's too many gaps in test data to be following TR.

Unfortunately I'm uncomfortable giving advice about what to do without a preshot test. She could just as easily go low again today with the depot in play, or she could bounce and be in the 300s. Given the 40s her depot is definitely full so a skip wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, provided no recent ketones (last 6 months or so).

rowena likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Here is your last threadhttps://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/06-24-misty-pmps-216-amps-83-pmps-50-dose-testing.264995/
    Hi Rowena,
    I see you managed to get the PMPS done and it was 5.6
    You could swap to SLGS and that would give you some more leeway. We don’t want Misty to have another hypo and with you so busy now it might be a good option. We had you on TR so that we could get you back to good numbers after that hypo some time ago and the subsequent getting back from a low dose..
    Some of those higher pre shots with no test during the cycle do indicate that Misty is dropping low during the cycle.
    SLGS would mean that you would reduce the dose at 90 (5) and you would increase the dose if needed after a week and a curve.
    Would you like to try that? I think it would be a good idea.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    John & Henry and rowena like this.
  4. rowena

rowena Member

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I didn’t want to do SLGS because I can’t do a curve. Misty will just not allow multiple tests in a day.
    I’m going to have to try harder to do TR. she went low mid cycle today - 2.3. Gave her some gravy FF.
    She’s generally lower at night. She’s more active at night actually.
    The other option is to try the libre again.
    Whatever I do now is better than before when I wasn’t testing at all, so I’m trying to keep that in mind.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Good catch!
    Did you get another test in after the 2.3?
    I would drop the dose down to 3 units even though it is only 3 doses at 3.25. Her depot is too full I think.
    If it is only the curves that is stopping you doing the SLGS I think I would still swap over to SLGS and if you are testing like you are now we can have a look and see if you maybe need to get just a couple of extra tests in if she needs an increase. I don’t think she will need an increase much anyway as she seems to be going the other way.
    You reduce the dose at 5 with SLGS.
    What do you think?

6. rowena

rowena Member

Thanks again - no I didn’t get another test in after the 2.3.
    She went low again last night, 2.5 preshot, so I didn’t shoot. She was 2.1 at what would have been +3 and she was 5.1 by preshot this morning, which would have been +11. I did have trouble getting that test. She was nauseous, went outside and ate grass, vomited it up, then half hour later came for food. She would not have the broth, so I gave her kangaroo. That worked. I gave her 3u. I tried to test again a couple of hours later, to no avail. I will try again shortly.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I am glad you skipped the dose last night. Did you give some high carb food at preshot and +3?
    It is looking like Misty is needing less insulin. So we need to be careful that she doesn’t drop too low again.
    She could well have been dropping too low on some of those other cycles where you didn’t get a test in.

I would feel more comfortable if you swapped over to SLGS and did the reductions at 90 (5).
    Is she eating enough food?

8. rowena

rowena Member

I did give her gravy food. She ate the first lot, but not the second. She was eating a lot when she was low on previous days, but she has not been so hungry today. I will go check on her now. Thanks for your quick reply.
    I also forgot to say that my only reservation on SLGS was my inability to do a curve.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

We will have to work our way around the curve. I think it is safer for you to do SLGS with your work commitments, kids and Misty’s dislike of being tested.

10. rowena

rowena Member

Thanks. I will look into more detail as to what it entails. She was just 7.2, so I feel a bit better. That’s at +5 from her 3u this morning.

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ok let me know what you decide.
    im glad you were able to get another test in and it wasn’t low.