07/01 Hercules +8 94, PMPS 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hercule's mum, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

previous thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/06-01-hercules-dosing-question.241100/

Hello everyone!

Hercules had a nice cycle for a change! yay! But he surprised me as usual....

I was due to increase his dose today, but after spending most of last evening watching the news, I didn't thought I could stay another night awake if needed after increasing the dose, so kept 0.75U.

His AmPS was in the lower side (for him), and I decide to revert back to the 3 feedings a day. He has been jumping up quite a lot at +2, so I thought I would try to smooth that part of the curve.... It worked (today, anyway....). After getting his +6, i relaxed and patted myself in the back for a good day.....

At +8 he came down looking very hungry, and I thought I better check out (he looks equally distressed at too high and too low!). He was at 94. It is great he has touched green, but now I am expecting a big bounce after the overall large drop during the day and don't know what to do about the dose....

I am guessing, that I do not want to increase his dose for tomorrow after the 94 today, right?

This is also my first week on TR, and if he bounces, I do not know when to decide he need a dose change?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's a big drop in 2 hours! I hope he levels off there. With TR, when you see green for a dose, you hold it 10 cycles. Today is cycle 7, so stick with this dose a few more cycles.

3. Hercule's mum

Indeed! think he likes to keep me in my toes...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback, I will keep the dose for 3 more cycles!

4. Hercule's mum

Hercs has come up a bit for his PMPS, so I asssumed I was OK giving him 0.75U, but now I am really nervous....I haven't shot him this low....:nailbiting: So much for not wanting to spend a second night awake....

5. Hercule's mum

....and bounce!! :banghead::arghh:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good thing you shot the full dose. Get a good night's sleep.

Hercule's mum likes this.