07/06 Mowgli AMPS 130 +3.8 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jul 6, 2020.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

07/03

Morning!

All went well with our last minute camping trip and Mowgli... I wouldn't say that Mowgli enjoys camping though. He didn't want to spend any time outside of the tent... not even in the enclosure or on his harness to explore! I took him out multiple times to see if he would like it but he would either hide under my sisters camper, or run back to the tent and paw at the door wanting in. On the second afternoon I decided to just keep him in there since we have a pretty spacious and well ventilated tent, he seemed relaxed, and it was nice to not have to worry about him also it was a bonus that we didn't have to worry about a bunch of bugs in his food / at his litter box. His BG was really good the whole time though which was nice... I didn't find it difficult at all to camp and manage a diabetic cat!

All said and done, as long as it wasn't more than a 2 night trip, I think I would bring him again, as long as he is showing that he is satisfied in the tent. Sadly, since he wasn't too into being sociable I didn't get a lot of Camper Mowg pics, but I did manage to grab a few:

1. Who disturbs my slumber? Mowgli peeking out of the sleeping bag during one of my ‘wellness’ check in’s on him:
    3411433E-4A98-4656-A8F0-B9C83E9DA690.jpeg

2. This is my opinion of you wanting me to go back out into the wild:

675409BE-AEC6-420E-B4FB-BA62374B7181.jpeg

3. Please reconsider making me give the great outdoors another chance! Let me back in!!!
    106B007E-F17E-4675-9EA3-7B5B59683ECC.jpeg

4. Ahhhh, this is more like it:
    2BDC80D8-759B-47E1-A0E5-F9E50E16C3B4.jpeg

5. Handsome in a harness:
    34039987-1414-465E-BE0A-F6EB0F7F8E0B.jpeg

6. During campsite take down: what are you doing with my home!?
    2490DF7C-B3C0-4465-8656-35322212C503.jpeg

7. Mild participation:
    06C83375-3418-4A15-8794-D0B4F521F48C.jpeg

@Wendy&Neko I have read that post on camping! I referenced it quite a bit last year as some inspiration for how to prepare for my trip home last summer! also Due to covid we aren't going to be able to go home so we were thinking about a potential camping trip before this one came up... so I had looked at it again... great summary of useful ideas!! I wonder how Mowgli would like a cat stroller!?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Even if he didn't spend much time outside the tent, I bet he got lots of good sniffies!

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

I think you’re probably right!!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If you do it enough, he might get use to it. And he was supervising !!!!!!

AmandaE likes this.
  5. AmandaE

Hopefully you’re right! We will probably go out a couple more times this summer so i will be taking him.
    Foreman Mowg! The best supervisor out there :woot::cat:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you enjoyed your camping trip and Mowgli did okay. Hopefully he'll get used to it so you can keep taking him.

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Mowgli sure is a cute little camper!

AmandaE likes this.
  8. AmandaE

Fingers crossed! Maybe trying a campground a little less noisey would help too. We were close to the playground so there were a lot of kids in the area and the highway isn’t very far from it so that was another noise source

Right!? Camper Mowg = cutie Mowg!

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  9. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Adorable!! At least he was happy in the tent :p!
    Very cool that you will try it again and try to get a quieter location.

AmandaE likes this.