? 07/07 ramone pmps 203 - dose advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerica&ramone, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jerica&ramone

Jerica&ramone Member

Okay so I was away this past weekend and Ramone was at the cat hotel, I had increased to quickly before he had went so went back down to the 9.5 units, here is previous post
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/07-02-ramone-amps-312-3-302.231784/#post-2592210
    the Saturday morning during his stay, ramone has a 176 amps, that would be a bounce correct since the decreased dose?

She did only end up giving him the 6 units that morning shot so I knew later he'd be up again and get his full dose and he did for the rest of his stay. Then Sunday when I got home, his pmps was 76!! I was so shocked and not really prepared for it, I was really not feeling well that night and honestly just knew I couldn't handle a hypo if something were to happen so i gave him a half dose basically which I don't know was the right thing to do. I was able to get tests in it all turned out ok but he went up pretty high...

So now past cpl days he's been leveling out I guess and I think now the 9.5 units will be getting settled in, if he drops into a low green overnight or possibly this AM I continue with the 9.5 units right or would I reduce to 9 units ? I just feel like i can't interpret it because I gave that 4.5 units Sunday night ... and also the reduced dose on the Saturday as well.

I also have to get more comfortable with shooting low to stay low, i have done it before but its nerve racking when his low preshot #s starting occurring again ....