07/09 Blackie AMPS 289

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Nice to see another yellow #, and will be increasing her dose to 1.4 today to see if that'll make any difference.

I'm concerned, though... She didn't eat all of her food this morning at all, and I've saved the rest for later nibbling. Still has a warm, dry nose from yesterday. I thought about not giving her the pysllium this morning since I still saw runny poop in one of the boxes when I got up. I think I'll stop giving her one for the rest of the day and see if that'll clear up. I would like to see some hard poops, and it's been long overdue.

Is what she's doing normal?

I know that diabetics are constantly hungry, but she's never not eaten all of her food before. I'd say about 1/3 of it's gone.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Ok, I just tempted her with a very small amount of tuna (in water, of course), and she ate it. Didn't eat the boiled chicken, though, which is odd for her. She'd take it, chew it, and then spit it out.

Could it be that I fed her too many treats yesterday? I'm back to giving her 3 cans of food a day, instead of 2 1/2 (the 1/2 being the one before bedtime).

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Yeah!!! She just ate 1/2 can of the chicken flavor. I'm not panicking as much now (thank you, Lord! *HUGS*). Her +3 was 226. I'll test her again in a few hours, and get some more food down into her little cute self.

4. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

That sounds like mouth pain... How are her teeth?

~M

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I just looked.. They're fine. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.