07/13 Blackie AMPS 413

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Started out in the red #'s again, and just did a test at 7:50 (aka +2), and she's down to 293. She also moved while I was giving her the shot. Am hoping that it went under the skin and not in it. Wasn't a fur shot, though, as there was no wetness. Hate when she does that. I do like the U-100 short needles, though. :)

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Angela, can you try to get a mid-cycle test today? Maybe a +5 or +6?

I wonder if she got down into the blues last night, and then bounced back up. Liver training is a pain!

I hate when Tinkles decides to move mid-shot! I'm not comfortable with giving shots anyway, so that freaks me out. Is she reacting to the insulin going in? If so, if you warm the insulin in the syringe before you give it, that will help. Just roll it between your fingers for a minute or so before you inject it.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

She seems to react to the insulin going in (and yes, I've been negligent on warming it up for her.. I'm a BAD Mom :( ) I'll be giving her another test at +5, which seems to be her nadir anyway. I gave her a test yesterday at +6, but I think she was starting to go up again. Could very well be that she was in the blues last night while I was sleeping.

Hmmm... Wonder if she can jump onto the bed, put her little paw against my face, and tell me that she needs to be tested and given treats...? LOL

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I forgot to add, I'm ok with giving shots, and am now getting a bit more comfortable with the blood testing, too (since it's only a drop anyway). If I had to take blood from a major vein, NO thanks. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.