07/15 Jerry AMPS 254 +2 208 +4.5 105 +6 119 PMPS 153 +2 219 +4 298

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerry dutchboy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

yesterday

So after a frustrating day yesterday this morning AM BG was really no surprise. I don't think his pancreas is ready for the reduction. This morning I shot a skinny 0.1 to see if I can get his BG 's down a bit today.
    I know this is not protocol but flat 200's is not where I want him to be.

I'll be around this morning to monitor so not too worried about him going low.

Have a wonderful day. Hope all of the kitties are thinking about heading to the beach on this hot day and they don't forget their sunglasses.:bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

You have a lot of data on Jerry so I’m sure it will be fine, especially since you’ll be home to monitor :)

Have a great day :D

Jerry dutchboy likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Uggly yellows for Jerry !! :) Hope this tweak will bring him back to GREENS!
    Have a great day Deirdre!

Jerry dutchboy likes this.
  4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow, It's amazing what a teeny bit of insulin can do. Good luck with the micro increase!
    Come on Jerry, we know you can do it! :D
    Have a great day!

5. Jerry dutchboy

Isn't it though. It amazes me how powerful this hormone actually is. He is ravenous when he's high wants constant snacks, how easy we forget how it was. Anyway he still has a ways to go, these numbers are even worse than when he was on the drop dose before. I can't put it all down to bounce as he normally cleared bounces reasonably quickly. I'm behaving like one of you pro's now....who would have thunk it. Still feel like I know nothing LOL. :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Jerry dutchboy

back to blue. Bit of a big drop but so so happy to see blue again.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice to see Jerry back in blue today. I hope you see green soon.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Because the syringes are so inaccurate, it could look like you were giving the same dose but were actually giving more. When I measured syringes using a micropipette (I’m a biologist), I found that some of them varied as much as 0.5u between syringes from the same box.

I wouldn’t have rushed to give him more insulin yet. I know you don’t like seeing the yellow but we needed to see where he came down to when the bounce cleared. However, having been known as being aggressive with the syringe, myself :rolleyes:, I understand.

I’m happy to oblige you, @Sonia & Leo, or anyone else who needs the old dose increase threat to get the kitty into lower numbers :smuggrin::smuggrin::p

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  9. Sonia & Leo

@Marje and Gracie He got your threat message so that was a double threat, one from me and one from you. He also obliged with a Lime a little while ago! :rolleyes: Lol, only single threats in the future! :smuggrin:

10. Jerry dutchboy

I had a feeling you wouldn't agree with what I did, actually said it to myself and I was shooting.
    I didn't know that about syringes so I see what you mean now about the dosage...
    So what do you think I should do now??? keep him on the skinny 0.1 for a while and then back to the drop. I will continue to appreciate your increase threats as Jerry seems to listen to you.

11. Sonia & Leo

Deirdre, have you considered using calipers?

12. Jerry dutchboy

I have a feeling I should as it looks like I'm getting into micro-dosing.:)

13. Sonia & Leo

They're amazing, they take the guesswork out so one less thing to worry about. I've been using mine since I noticed a big difference in the new box of syringes I bought. I think there was a half a unit in the top of the barrel more than I wanted.

You probably only need them for a little while because Jerry is almost there, but they're worth it. :)

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  14. Jerry dutchboy

Which ones do you have and where did you get them?

15. Sonia & Leo

Mine are from Canadian tire. Mastercraft 58-6800-4. You can get them at any hardware store or online. They're small, light, digital, and measure inches & millimeters.

16. Jerry dutchboy

Thanks Sonia. When I'm out and about I'll check it out.

17. Sonia & Leo

Lyane sent me a copy of the conversion table Wendy gave her for the type of syringes I use. What type do you use?

18. Jerry dutchboy

BD insulin syringes with ultra fine needle. 8mm 3/10 ml U100.

19. Sonia & Leo

Same here. I'll send you the conversion table that Lyane sent me. :)

20. Jerry dutchboy

Fabulous, thank you. Is there instruction in a sticky. I seem to remember there was.

21. Sonia & Leo

Attached Files:

Marje and Gracie and AmandaE like this.
  22. Jerry dutchboy

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  23. Jerry dutchboy

feeling sick to my stomach. I didn't even want to put type these numbers UGH. Jerry's numbers are just climbing since his PM shot. I have no idea what is going on with him. Could this be the depot draining and still part of the bounce???? I really don't think there was a fur shot, didn't smell any insulin ( I always smell his fur after the shot).:banghead::facepalm:

24. Jerry dutchboy

This download is for Canadian BD syringes. I think US syringes are different.