07/22 Blackie AMPS 312

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Not bad. She's been upped to 1.4 for today. Won't test as often.

2. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice number. Fingers and paws crossed that she keeps going in the right direction.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

282 @ +5 @ 10:25 a.m. Next test at +6, and won't be testing again until PMPS, then again at PM +5 (mom needs to sleep, ya know).

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

289 @ +6 @ 11:28 a.m. Next test at PMPS, and final at PM +5. (Mom's getting more adept to poking not as deep... By jove... You think I've got it..?)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh angela, the saga continue's...i'm on the edge of my seat. tell me again, why are we doing exactly what we did 2 weeks ago edging up slowly? oh who cares i just pray it works.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Experimenting, as per Mary's suggestion. I think she wants to see what's going on.

7. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

I know in PZI you take into consideration the preshot, especially if its too low to shoot, but with all these spot tests, the yellow/pink nadirs are saying "more insulin please" to me. Prozinc never lasted for us until preshot, so I think how low you go mid cycle, (or not) should be a big part of the decision.

For example, from my memory of your ss viewed last night, 1.8 dropped him about 70 points,; while 1.2 dropped him about 50 points. He needs to be seeing blue a few times so that his liver gets used to the idea. You may see a reactive bounce at preshot for a day or two, but for us, those only lasted a cycle or 2. Eventually they are fine with blue and so on.

Obviously, lots of other things influence the numbers- the food flavor, the stolen dog food crumb, the timing of meals, the doorbell ringing, but I'd really love to see some nadirs in the blooooos pretty soon. The more of those factors you can keep the same, maybe things will get more consistent.

Keep at it, you are doing great with testing- all that info will help you know what to do next.

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes they seem to get better PSs with the shallower drops, but if the nadirs aren't in the blues, as already said, they aren't in the blues... If it were me I would jump back to 1.8, or even go for a BAM dose like 2u to get her attention (with some early cycle spotchecks in case I overdid), but as long as she is doing ok I think it's important you do what feels right to you to do. Or at least since that's what I did, I'd be a big ole hypocrite not to support you in doing so too. :lol:

Hope tonight goes great & you both get some restful sleep!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I suppose you already know how I feel. BAM. 2U.
    You are da mommie tho.
    why oh why does'nt mary see that if this were a bounce we'd have seen a # so low it caused a bounce. a day or maybe 2 of 'decent' days on 1.2u is by no means a success story. we all just want blackie in a safe zone for part of the day and sweetie he is not getting there. i can't beleve anyone would see a potential for hypo. it's just no reasonable.

10. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't leave us hanging or searching out your ss, tell us what you shot...on the edge of our collective seats again.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boy july 5th was a special day....will we ever know what caused that? will angela ever get the guts to shoot 2u? will blackie one day have the amazing otj party? will angela keep her sanity long enough to see it happen? tune in every day to find the answers to these questions and more.
    at fdmb.com----the only place to be for feline drama!

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

I added to the post above yours, Lori, and in case you missed it, I shot a 1.4... For now. We'll see what tomorrow's #'s bring in the a.m., and (blank... not to worry, not a swear word was to be here),.... (watching Lori sit on the edge of her collective seat...)(inevitable cliffhanger inserted here...)

14. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL Lori! I think I see what Mary sees though too - I don't see rebound, but it's frustrating the #s were better on 1.2 and worse now, with PSs ever going up. If I hadn't tried the rebound test repeatedly with Bix and proved to myself that some bouncy #s do not make real rebound, I would probably have wanted Angela to retry 1.2 myself. Also I think Mary said she supported jumping right back to 1.8 if the #s didn't prove themselves on 1.2. I could be wrong on that, but in any case I know everyone wants the best for Blackie, and sometimes when the #s aren't cooperating it makes you want to try things to be sure, I get that.

I think there was a Health thread too I saw recently where some others chimed in on a test run back at 1.2, and I remember how confusing it was as a bean when some people were suggesting to go one way with the dose and others the other way. Anyway.... just my 2c trying to be sympathetic to everyone at once. :lol:

Angela I forgot what this week's soap name is? I'll have to go look that up in a minute, I think you said that in an earlier thread. You weren't here back then I don't think, but a while back we had a former-PZIer named Blackie (a boy though, of Ele & Blackie, now on Lantus) who had his own soap opera (or was it Buzz's? well maybe it was Mr. Blackie's) called As the BG Rises. It was an entertaining show! The kitties do seem to enjoy their drama, don't they?

15. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Yeah, they do seem to enjoy their own soap operas. It's frustrating for us beans, though. Wish they'd write a new contract. LOL A GOOD one, that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.