07/24 Blackie's AMPS 400

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Lori was right. LOL Blackie decided to give me a red this morning. Granted, I got up LATE this morning, so rushed to get her test in, her food and feed the others, and THEN did the boxes. She was shot about 6:45 a.m. this morning. I normally give the shot between 6:00 and 6:30 at the very latest.

I have to go out tonight, and will be feeding her about 15-20 minutes earlier, and then give the shot. Is that going to be ok? We have to be at the destination by 7:00 p.m. tonight.

2. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck today. I'm looking forward to your replies because we had the same kind of morning and PS.

Where did the "Quest" go in the subject line? I kinda liked it.

3. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

324 @ +2(ish) @ 8:33 a.m. At least she's going down. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH she'll go down...and the early shot is no big deal. that's the difference between us and lantus (one of many) we have a lot more latitude.
    somehow red makes sense this morning. green is always followed by red. for you. and in blackie's case she is sooooo accustomed to those 'magentas' that her body thinks those are normal.
    that's what we call the liver training...when the body fights back to what it has become used to.
    now bounces can last as long as 72 hours...so lets not get disturbed yet ok. i see wild swings in your future. or even flatlines....but this time 3 days of riding it out would seem appropriate.
    thoughts?
    +5 or +6 tests would be great when you get a chance. i know today and tonight might be too busy for you.

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Early shot it will be. I think about 1 hour earlier since this morning (I believe I gave her the shot about 6:43 a.m. or something like that). It'll have to be ok. LOL

Wild swings, huh? I'm not concerned as much anymore about the #'s I'm seeing, unless she starts really throwing those weird #'s.

We went to the vet's this morning, gave them back the Hill's Prescription W/D wet crap that I've set aside for the longest time to give back to them (I don't feed that to her anymore, and haven't since the day she hypo'd). So, that's taken care of.

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.