? 08/03 Vomiting- Milo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Good afternoon. Milo has been eating less of his raw diet and last night he vomited the beef I had just opened. I was hoping it was an isolated incident but I just noticed he must have vomited this morning’s meal as well. I gave him some LC canned food (Hill’s W/D from the vet) and he seems to be tolerating this better.

I increased his Lantus to 3.25 yesterday morning. Could there be a link? I haven’t been able to catch him in the litter box to test ketones.

Yesterday’s numbers seemed lower in the blues (176 at the lowest) then rose to 302 and only dropped to 292 before bed . This morning AMPS: 338 and +3 @ 394. Would this be considered a “bounce”? Is there a link to the increase in insulin? Milo seems less himself today.

Thanks for any recommendations.
    https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-02-milo-update-amps-266-dose-increase.233087/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Reason for edit: Forgot to add link
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Has Milo had beef before? It's an allergen for some cats.

The W/D is quite a bit higher carbs, so that could be one reason for higher numbers at +3. The second possibility is something we call New Dose Wonkiness, which results in temporary higher numbers shortly after an increase in insulin dose.

3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

He did have beef last week and there wasn’t a problem. His brother, Singha, vomited it up though. I only gave the W/D sometime after the +3. I offered another small feeding with the tiniest bit of beef and he’s vomited again so that’s it for beef entirely. I also have turkey and duck. He’s down a bit at +6 to 242 from 394 at +3. Thanks for the link. It does seem a lot like new dose wonkiness. I guess time will tell...

No no

4. Wendy&Neko

If he can't do beef, you may have to be cautious with venison too. In other words, don't buy a lot at once!

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thanks.... I’ll watch out for venison. Is pork hard on some cats too? Poor kitty has been really under the weather today. Numbers keep climbing too. :(

6. Wendy&Neko

I've heard of some people feeding pork. My girl occasionally got wild boar. But it was expensive. It's also a fattier meat, so depends what your weight goals are.

7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I have given very small amounts of canned food and Milo has held it down this evening. He’s perked up a bit and he’s come to sit on the end of the couch instead of staying in his own space. I’ll test him before bed and see what his BG is and try a small feed again. It’s been a tough day.

Wendy&Neko likes this.